Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
Only chickens? Most boards sacrifice virgins to their admins/supermods.
I suspect my wife would frown upon the whole virgin thing.

Chicken is good though. I don't know about Reggie or lardman, but Tim and I both avoid red meat. And speaking for just myself, I prefer my chicken sacrifices to take the form of burritos, soft tacos, and cheesesteaks with onions and sauce.

Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
In some other forums the omni-potent ones are tagged 'Super moderator' and the rest just 'Moderator'.
Here too. The cape isn't provided though. I should have checked the fine print.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
I suspect my wife would frown upon the whole virgin thing.

Chicken is good though. I don't know about Reggie or lardman, but Tim and I both avoid red meat. And speaking for just myself, I prefer my chicken sacrifices to take the form of burritos, soft tacos, and cheesesteaks with onions and sauce.

Here too. The cape isn't provided though. I should have checked the fine print.
You could get your own cape, in Maemo colours.

Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
You could get your own cape, in Maemo colours.
I did consider making a cape for the summit, but in the end I settled for my oilskin drover. I get enough special attention from airport security with just the coat, really.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
sjgadsby: It would be easier if you would just wear something under the coat when flying internationally.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qole View Post
It would be easier if you would just wear something under the coat when flying internationally.
I'll try that next time. It's just, you know, they have this long list--shoes, belts, and so on--of things that cause them trouble, and I just thought I'd try to be as accommodating as possible.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 199 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ gbg.se
Am I completely out of line when I think it must be up to each and every user to decide how much information they make public about themselves? Those who wish to clarify their affiliation, past contributions to the community or whatever it may be are free to do so with signatures or profile information. That's really all that is needed in my mind. We can't make anyone provide personal information they do not want to provide

Having said that -- and I say this as a newbie .-- it really doesn't take long to identify "important" people -- those who are active on the forum that is. Ultimately it is of course also up to each individual to decide what is interesting and important, and who posts in line with that and seems trustworthy, but even generic labels such as Nokian, Developer or Community Veteran doesn't take that long to get in place.

I dunno. Eventually one does learn a bit the who is who in the forums, but when I was a newbie, I used to see the ratio between posts and thanked posts on the profiles (and also, if what is written makes sense).

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!