Notices

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
this app is just awesome, works awesomly, wow !! i just can't stop using it ....
just 2 things :
1-am i the only one not having the downloaded videos to show up in the media player ?? where are the videos downloaded ?
2- will this app ever get a video player of its own ?? both kmplayer and media player have problemS .

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
/mydocs/.cutetube

and yesIi believe he is working to bring its own player.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
great work.

Possible to make sure the cursor are placed in the search field when you hit search button?

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by elie-7 View Post
this app is just awesome, works awesomly, wow !! i just can't stop using it ....
just 2 things :
1-am i the only one not having the downloaded videos to show up in the media player ?? where are the videos downloaded ?
2- will this app ever get a video player of its own ?? both kmplayer and media player have problemS .
The videos are in a hidden folder (/home/user/MyDocs/.cutetube), so are not picked up by the tracker (this is to stop the tracker hogging CPU cycles when each download finishes). You can change the tracker config to include this folder, but I don't know the details of how to do this. There is a GUI utility in the repos that makes it easy.

The Symbian and Meego versions will have a QML video player from initial release. I am unable to get the QML video component working in Maemo, but I have filed a bug against QtMobility-Multimedia, so there is hope. As far as playback capabilities go, QtMobility uses gstreamer in Maemo, so I doubt there will be any scope for improving support for higher resolution videos on the N900. The Symbian version will hopefully have playback upto 720p including HDMI out.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2011-04-06 at 21:06.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
great work.

Possible to make sure the cursor are placed in the search field when you hit search button?
It should be possible, I just need to set the focus, but I couldn't get it to work on the device. I'll have another go, because I'm sure that I'm just doing it wrong.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
This app is Brilliant, only thing needed is its own player. Excellent work

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
this is very great so far. so smooth transitions. simply awesome.
as it is great at it's state I still got a wish list.

- post video to facebook (embedded)
- clear search button/option
- different color presets or custom colors
- the p0rn plugin
- copy link to clipboard
- multilanguage
( are .po files possible? At the moment I translated the labels inside the .qml files.. but much work if you update that often

Pro features would be:

- own player
- download and send video via bluetooth or email
- convert video to audio
- Desktop Widget

Anyway it's almost perfect at this state!

Thx again for it!

Last edited by NightShift79; 2011-04-20 at 14:25.

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
As suggested by Marxian in the old thread I will ask here again:

Marxian, is support for vimeo.com possible? Are there a plan to include it?

I wan't to watch a 30 minute video on the go (train). And it would be great to download it before at home using my w-lan.

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 398 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ USA
Just fyi:

changing the theme color by just edit a couple line (red color code below) in /opt/user/share/qmltube/qml/qmltube/main.qml

Code:
Rectangle {
    id: window

Component.onCompleted: Scripts.restoreSettings()

property string activeColor : "#6382c6"
    property string activeColorLow : "#3d6be0"
download folder path setting are in /opt/user/share/qmltube/qml/qmltube/setting.js , two lines need to be changed and one line in main.qml then remove the dbase files in .configure/cutetube for the change to take effect.

if you don't want to mess with the code above you can edit /home/user/.config/tracker/tracker.cfg to make you downloaded videos showing in the media library.

Code:
[Watches]
# List of directory roots to index and watch (separator=;)
WatchDirectoryRoots=$HOME/MyDocs/.sounds/;$HOME/MyDocs/.documents/;$HOME/MyDocs/.videos/;$HOME/MyDocs/.images/;$HOME/.config/cutetube;
sharing and sending the video via bluetooth can be done through default media player

Last edited by khuong; 2011-04-06 at 23:03.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to khuong For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Can this be installed alongside the original version of Cutetube or does it replace it?

I'd like to keep the original version too.

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube