Posts: 215 | Thanked: 448 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Burgas, Bulgaria
I would like to ask you to take a picture of text from your N900s, I need one picture taken with Stock Maemo 5, 1 of CSSU-S and 1 of CSSU-T. Thank you in advance

The Following User Says Thank You to tanago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by tanago View Post
I would like to ask you to take a picture of text from your N900s, I need one picture taken with Stock Maemo 5, 1 of CSSU-S and 1 of CSSU-T. Thank you in advance
Picture of what text?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Picture of what text?
It doesnt matter, newspaper, book, magazine, article, close as 15 cm away from the camera

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
It doesnt matter
Ok since I'm using my cooperation mail I'm back at stock with limited mods so I can provide Stock. Will you give us any hints why you need the images?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Ok since I'm using my cooperation mail I'm back at stock with limited mods so I can provide Stock. Will you give us any hints why you need the images?
Fixing camera-ui bugs, because noone is working on camera-ui anymore and camera-ui needs still lots of fixing I will take on the job. http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...75#post1371075
First I need to see since when Bug N1 occurs, is it 'preinstalled' or it comes from CSSU-S/T, then lots of learning of the source and so on

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tanago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
Only ever known 2 people to own one, and one of those I bought from him. These were just as rare when they were in production, so you are extremely lucky to find someone with an n900 today.
~6 months ago, I was just sitting on a train from work and messing in the terminal (ssh'ed to my server), while a guy sat next to me, took his N900 out of his pocket and also started doing something in the terminal. He even was so occupied and commited to what he was doing that he didn't notice me staring at him like a crazy stalker in love with its victim for ~1 minute :P Or maybe he just didn't give a s**t about that, don't know. Anyway, it was the second time I met someone with N900 in real life (first one was on my uni, but I'm on IT faculty, so that didn't suprise me). It was amazing feeling.

Fixing camera-ui bugs, because noone is working on camera-ui anymore and camera-ui needs still lots of fixing I will take on the job. http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...75#post1371075
First I need to see since when Bug N1 occurs, is it 'preinstalled' or it comes from CSSU-S/T, then lots of learning of the source and so on
Does it matter if I have kernel-power and/or alternative camera drivers (fcam)? Can the stock camera-ui even use the fcam drivers...? I have CSSU Stable installed (newest version), kp52 and fcam drivers installed, can help you with that if that's enough (I see the bug is somehow related to gdigicam-camerabin.conf file, but I only quickly read your single post, but gdigicam isn't related to cam drivers I guess... let me post in the other thread with the picture, soon).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by misiak View Post
Does it matter if I have kernel-power and/or alternative camera drivers (fcam)? Can the stock camera-ui even use the fcam drivers...? I have CSSU Stable installed (newest version), kp52 and fcam drivers installed, can help you with that if that's enough (I see the bug is somehow related to gdigicam-camerabin.conf file, but I only quickly read your single post, but gdigicam isn't related to cam drivers I guess... let me post in the other thread with the picture, soon).
Kernels and fcam drivers are not connected to camera-ui/gdigicam so it doesnt matter. Send me a pic taken with CSSU-S, Dave will take one with stock Maemo 5, someone with CSSU-T? Just capture some focused lines of text so I can compare

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
Well... this happened last month, August 23, 2013.

This is just the second N900 user that I have seen. The owner is a host in a kiddie party that I attended and since I had a camera with me I didn't let the opportunity pass.
The first N900 that I saw in the wild is owned by a girl who was with her date so I didn't have a chance to talk to the owner. And I was with my wife then.

Last edited by vetsin; 2013-09-02 at 18:13.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
It doesnt matter, newspaper, book, magazine, article, close as 15 cm away from the camera
Not the great. 15 cm with different lights...Stock

EDIT: damn it, I had widscreen settings, I've changed to high resolution. Two more images coming soon where you could read the text

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-09-02 at 18:36.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Kernels and fcam drivers are not connected to camera-ui/gdigicam so it doesnt matter. Send me a pic taken with CSSU-S, Dave will take one with stock Maemo 5, someone with CSSU-T? Just capture some focused lines of text so I can compare
I posted the pictures in the linked thread (didn't want to spam this thread with them, but now I see I could :P)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:

Tags
andrew w.k, nokia n900, party hard