Notices

Ever do one of those things that you wished you hadn't done.

Omweather .22.2 flashed as an upgrade on my N810. Installed it along with the db weather stations update, rebooted and it no longer has an applet option. You physically have to run the program to get the weather whereas before it just sat on the desktop doing its job. Whether this is by design or something is wrong; I hate it. My desktop was setup perfectly before and where there used to be a weather applet is now a blank area.

My question is how do I go about installing .22.11 again because going to the maemo garage and searching for an older version and trying to run it (saving it first actually in file manager ) it comes up with unable to install omweather. Is there any x-term approach I can use to get the older version installed?

So basically what I'm asking is could someone install the newest version and A) tell me if they no longer have the weather as an applet option, B) tell me what I need to do to reinstall the older version so I can have the applet back on the desktop and C) if the author of omweather reads this and this update without an applet option was by design, why?????

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Do you have the Maemo Extras Development catalog enabled?

I don't, and I only see v0.21.11 as being available.

Edit: I see a version .22 in [maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel] but that doesn't goesinto an 810.

Last edited by YoDude; 2009-06-16 at 23:07.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Thank you sir, that solved my problem. Much appreciated!!

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Brasilia, Brazil
Solved for me also. Was it an software error?

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 895 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Moscow, Russia
Well, we're experimenting with different application modes, but right now this have nothing to deal with end-user, just developement stuff so don't panic

I'm stunned that a completely non-functional upgrade of OMweather was pushed to my N810.

How do I get back the v0.21.11 version?

That is, how do I disable the Maemo Extras development catalog? Right now, the only version I see in the application catalog is the non-functional version.

Wayne Estes

Thanks for the prompt reply. I get into the Application catalogs so seldom that I forgot how to do it.

What's the trick to reliably position the OMweather applet? It usually takes me at least 50 tries when I attempt to drag it, before it actually moves.

Wayne Estes

Last edited by Wayne Estes; 2009-06-17 at 05:22.

Originally Posted by Wayne Estes View Post
I'm stunned that a completely non-functional upgrade of OMweather was pushed to my N810.
That's what extras-devel is for, to let the developers test changes to their applications.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to codeMonkey For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wayne Estes View Post
Thanks for the prompt reply. I get into the Application catalogs so seldom that I forgot how to do it.

What's the trick to reliably position the OMweather applet? It usually takes me at least 50 tries when I attempt to drag it, before it actually moves.

Wayne Estes
Use two fingers side by side to drag it.

So what's the best way to revert back to v21?

Last edited by st5150; 2009-06-17 at 22:34.

First, go into Application Manager's menu -> Tools -> Application Catalog. Select maemo Extras Devel, click Edit, and click the Disabled box.

Use Application Manager to uninstall omweather-weather-com-stations-db (if you have it) and omweather 0.21.22.

Finally, install OMweather 0.21.11 and station database 0.2.

Surprisingly, my program setup and personal station list were intact afterwards.

Wayne Estes

Last edited by Wayne Estes; 2009-06-18 at 02:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wayne Estes For This Useful Post: