Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Not quite true. They left all the N97s behind.
Haha!! Even the thick-as-shlt chavs know a lemon when they see one!

I recently watched a youtube vid promoting the N97 from 2009. What exactly was wrong with that model, it looked ok, almost like the little bro of the N900. Just terrible early touch symbian software?

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
I recently watched a youtube vid promoting the N97 from 2009. What exactly was wrong with that model, it looked ok, almost like the little bro of the N900. Just terrible early touch symbian software?
Gimped hardware was the main problem. Low RAM and not enough space on the C: disk. Then there was the failing GPS, FM transmitter problems and the scratchtastic camera lens cover. Because it was so poorly received, Nokia neglected it (or tried to sweep it under the carpet). As a result the N97 did not receive the same level of firmware support as (for example) the 5800.

My website

GitHub

Wow, and all the while Android is taking baby-steps and Apple are working on improving their so-called iPhone, which is already quite popular by this time.

And some people wonder why Nokia is in trouble now/went with WP7?

Sheesh

Originally Posted by RFS-81 View Post
Its a nice update, running fine on my e7 now (browser is still not good enough though). But Belle is what I'm really waiting for - at least based on the videos it seems to squeeze much more performance out from this aging hw (how much more it squeezes out from the battery remains to be seen..).
Actually there are reports over on dailymobile.se forums of Belle having even longer battery life than Anna, and this with beta status.

After 5 days of use I can't draw a final conclusion on this, however it seems at least not to be less battery life than before.

Well, that's good to hear. Sounds like my E7 could eventually make it to be a long lasting workhorse, after all.

Originally Posted by RFS-81 View Post
Well, that's good to hear. Sounds like my E7 could eventually make it to be a long lasting workhorse, after all.
That's my thinking too. At some point in the next 6 months or so, I'm going to have to stop fiddling with my sim and swapping it out between the E7 and N900, and just go with the E7. My N900 is pretty beat-up now and I prefer the qwerty of the E7.

With these 2 big updates, and then another rumored for 2012, I think the E7 could prove to be a winner for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to AndyNokia232 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
That because you're MohammadAG!! Of course it went smoothly for you, you're half-human, half-Nokia!!

I think it's because they're rolling it out country by country. You're in Israel I think if memory serves, so you guys have it before us in Yankee Land.

Side note: I do like fMobi on the E7, but REALLY miss Sociality. Any chance that could be coming S^3 way? Cheers
Heh

The device is actually a MENA one, got it from Jordan, and it's not really mine

Tags
nokia, symbian anna