Notices

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ beijing-islamabad
While other platforms ( android , iphone ) having all the good necessary items in their list such as a good proxy to enable youtube visuals .
such as '' gae proxy '' , '' puffin web browser '' and bla blah .
but there has not been a good proxy for N900 or N9 since ages .Tor never worked perfectly . Could there be more precise and a perfect proxy app ? Consider it a request . thanks in advance !

The Following User Says Thank You to imo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 451 | Thanked: 424 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ England
Not that I know of. Your best option, I'd say, would be to rent out a cheap server in a different country and forward your traffic over SSH/VPN.

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ China
you can use gae in n9

ii was talking about something like free-gate or hotspot shield . vpn is also a solution but it takes a lot to breach banned sites .

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
@imo,

What do you want, a proxy or a VPN, or something else?

Your N900 supports both setting up a proxy for HTTP(S) as well as using VPNs.

Please explain what exactly you need. Otherwise it's really hard to help.

The Following User Says Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
youtube is blocked in china ,i want to access it .On my laptop i usually use free gate and it works quite well ,so no issue with youtube watching on pc .But how do i access it through N900 ? any proxy web browser ? any application where tunnel settings are already there and by a simple logging into app ,one could access youtube videos .i dont wanna spend any money on vpn since i can access youtube from my pc .But if there was anything like GAE proxy or PUFFIN browser like thing through which we could access youtube ?? Hope you get it .

Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
For N900 you can use tor and there is a similar app for the N9 in rzr repo . For browsing you can always use opera mini and uc browser for prosy browsing.

Originally Posted by myname24 View Post
For N900 you can use tor and there is a similar app for the N9 in rzr repo . For browsing you can always use opera mini and uc browser for prosy browsing.
read 1st post

Posts: 198 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Louth / Ireland
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
@imo,

What do you want, a proxy or a VPN, or something else?

Your N900 supports both setting up a proxy for HTTP(S) as well as using VPNs.

Please explain what exactly you need. Otherwise it's really hard to help.
I'm not sure about this, but I think anything that works will do for him. Reinob would You mind to elaborate about proxy settings, is setting new (with proxy set up) gprs access point with fAPN is the best solution to get rid of mobile / country restrictions?

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Garrett_PL,

This has nothing to do with any restrictions of any sort. You can configure your N900 to use a proxy for web browsing. Whether the proxy "bypasses" any restrictions depends entirely on the proxy.

OP should find a proxy that suits him. The program he mentions "Puffin web browser" is just like Opera Mini. They even mention on the web site that they (in the current version) send the originating IP *so that country restrictions will work*.

Anyway, this is more a political problem rathen than a technical problem. Normally the solution is to vote for another party .

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post: