They got hacked like Sony and many others.

In this case it was not anonymous, but people who want the N950. Be careful developers, your device will be robbed in next time. LOL

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
http://www.planetinsane.com/nokia-n9...olors/2622103/

Fail.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guffaw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 190 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by Guffaw View Post
http://www.planetinsane.com/nokia-n9...olors/2622103/

Fail.
Doesn't mean anything, Nokia shows lots of different colors for their phones that are never released, or are released later, as a manuever to bring relevance to older models, like the pink N8.

They show a lot of extra colors in their videos, that aren't the same as advertised in the Nokia's sites.

Last edited by Verythrax; 2011-08-29 at 14:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to Verythrax For This Useful Post:
Hardest part of N9 user experience is... waiting...

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
The test seems very fair to me. It's a simple indication of doing simple tasks. It's not an indication of which is better or what not. I see nothing technically wrong here. Not sure why everyone is jumping to the n9's defense :/
Now if you all say the test is pointless, then i agree.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hotnikkelz For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by medri View Post
interesting comparison between Harmattan and Windooze Phone:
Nokia Mobile Blog

Not too good for Harmattan ...
But a fair comparison. Wouldn't want a WP either.
I wouldn't take anything this guy says as gospel...
I've been reading many of his posts (his site & elsewhere), & TBH they're usually clueless/pointless.
I'll be waiting for some comparo's from folk who have some real technical chops.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-08-29 at 15:16.

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by hotnikkelz View Post
The test seems very fair to me. It's a simple indication of doing simple tasks. It's not an indication of which is better or what not. I see nothing technically wrong here. Not sure why everyone is jumping to the n9's defense :/
Oh, the concept of the test is fair, but the order of phones is not randomized, and the sample of testers is... 2

I mean, on the second test, the guy spend 10-20 seconds looking for his number in the contacts, but it's not there.. how relevant is that?

Steps involved in the three tests seems to be very much the same on both UI, but it looks like WP7 vkb is faster, and people cannot unlock the N9 easily.
Apart from that, there's nothing relevant in the video.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to erendorn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hotnikkelz View Post
The "technically wrong" bit is the assumption that what those two test subjects do is any indication on how others would go about the tasks they were asked to perform. To be anywhere close to scientific they would need a lot more than two people test it.

Then comes the problem that it's not measuring anything important. For the result to have any real world relevance they should test how long the users take to perform basic tasks after
1. having gotten instructions similar to what a salesperson would give you when buying a phone
2 reading the "quick start" part of the manual
3 playing with the phone for half an hour

Smart people shouldn't care how easy it is to make the first call. But if you fumble when making the 100th call then the UI sucks.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Vaskinn For This Useful Post:
Sorry if this has already been posted. I have no desire to sort through 485 pages of posts on here.

Brand New Nokia N9 16GB Blue 8MP Unlocked!

The same seller has all of the variants listed. Seller's location is Kent, WA (maybe Elop's home? HA!). The 16GB "blue" (cyan) linked above has a release date of 15 September, while the 64GB black one is available 30 September.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
I worry that the N9 will go the path of Duke Nukem Forever.

The concept is grand, the rumors are awesome.. But the delay is significant... So by the time the product actually ships, people will already be somewhat bored with it.
What delay!? No one has said before 23 september AFAIK.

but if it not released then it is an delay...

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????