Notices

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 4,687 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Dual Sim is useful not only for roaming. I can cambine a cheap internet sim with a cheap call sim. In UK I have a primary sim for internet and local call, but a secondary O2 sim for calling internationally. Dual SIM will be very useful for immediate international calls...

Last edited by chenliangchen; 2017-07-19 at 21:43.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 750 | Thanked: 4,527 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ germoney
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Dual Sim is useful not only for roaming. I can cambine a cheap internet sim with a cheap call sim,
That! My wife uses my jolla c now (me J1 + MotoZ) and has a free partner card for unlimted calls, sharing my plan, but only 100mb data attached
A second data sim is still cheaper than having a second contract.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,414 | Thanked: 7,321 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Then why not go full triple sim if sim is so important. That would be even better. I will absolutely never see a reason for two sim. Never

I will vote against it. Chen, is it up for general vote or is it decided?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...I'm also supporting Apple 2016 or until Jolla fully refund or ship the jPad to all backers and supports!

"waited over a year for no tablet and then the same again for potential refund? inspires confidence!"

Last edited by Dave999; 2017-07-19 at 20:32.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,711 | Thanked: 13,871 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I will absolutely never see a reason for two sim.
And yet you want a SIM in every device you own. You were winging to no end about the Jolla tablet not having one.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 332 | Thanked: 260 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Italy
Indiegogo last-day rush going well! +1 on my side, too. Crossed finger not to be beating a dead horse...

Posts: 6,414 | Thanked: 7,321 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
And yet you want a SIM in every device you own. You were winging to no end about the Jolla tablet not having one.
One yes. But not two. Why not two batteries, two screens, two power buttons, twice the price? An now for some reason every device have two cams on backside. Stupid. What's next 4 cams?

Regarding Jolla wasn't about sim or not mostly. It's was that their CTO said it wouldn't be SIM even before stretch goal. Then why add a stretch goal then?

Anyway, DING DING DING Last call to back YouYota in this Project.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...I'm also supporting Apple 2016 or until Jolla fully refund or ship the jPad to all backers and supports!

"waited over a year for no tablet and then the same again for potential refund? inspires confidence!"

Last edited by Dave999; Yesterday at 19:49.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
If you look under 'backers' on the indiegogo page , jolla bought one.
I can only guess it's a birthday present for Dave

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tommo For This Useful Post:
there is a listing for a Dave8148...

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
Nah, that's me. You can tell the difference because I (mostly) keep my whining to myself.

The Following User Says Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Posts: 95 | Thanked: 272 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Near Munich
Till the end I wasn't sure if I would get one, but now I have decided against it. It would sit on the drawer for too long.

I wish everyone who participated all the best and really hope this project succeeds. I even wanted to contribute a few euros as donation, but then I saw that only credit card is accepted. (I don't own one)

I really hope this project succeeds. If it does and chenliangchen creates an qwerty-slider campaign following it, I will sure find a way to get one too!

The Following User Says Thank You to Macros For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os