Active Topics

Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
These are custom icons and we, the users (and not devs submitting their content to the store), can have them the way we want.
Maybe I was mistaken when thinking that the author or this thread wanted to provide icons that would look like "other Harmattan icons". The way to do that is to follow common conventions when designing the icons, which the original poster has nicely done except that a small detail was missing - the drop shadow. By adding the shadow the remaining icons would look like "Harmattan icons" which probably was the intention. Users definitely can have their icons any way they want but if the point of the author was to improve them towards a clearly defined direction (which happens to be defined in a document called guidelines), my intention was to help him/her to achieve this goal and improve the icons even further.

Don't like them, don't use them. Now, go choke on your guidelines.
Okay, I just choked on them. What next? Please remember that as you said, if you don't want your icons to look better, you're free to use the original icons, the semi-fixed icons or any other icons. That doesn't have to include anyone choking on anything.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Vesuri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Europe
Originally Posted by imaginaryenemy View Post
Rainbows have been around a lot longer than the LGBT community. Strange to assume the use of one is somehow a nod to homosexuality...
You are implying some kind of mischief behind my asking and there wasn't any ("imaginary enemies" huh). The question remains unanswered for the time being.

Originally Posted by Vesuri View Post
Okay, I just choked on them. What next?
Now you can bugger yourself. Let me know when you're done and need the "next" step.

Last edited by DarkSkies; 2012-08-03 at 00:30.

Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Some of the icons in this thread are really nice! However, some of them are missing the drop shadow which is part of the icon guidelines. For example, the following are missing the shadow and thus don't look as good as they could:

The drop shadow is included as a layer effect in the icon templates.
Thank you for pointing out! That will indeed improve it. For the FM Radio that missing the layer, made another in a different style.

The guidelines are very helpful to make proper ones. But I don't think all developer knows that, I feel that 80% of the icons in store (even some app published by Nokia) don't follow the guildlines.

Nokia should make an image tool for the icons. (The online generator is good, but doesn't work that well... to me.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Symbian has an application called "Icon Changer" ( http://store.ovi.com/content/208926 ) that is used to change the icons of any app on the phone. It comes pre-loaded with lots of options, but also the ability to add your own. Is this something that is possible for Harmattan?
I know changing icons for Harmattan is easy, making this app not as needed, but it would make changing all of these icons so much quicker and easier.
I enjoy changing the appearance of my phone frequently, and would love a very simple way to change many icons with as little work as possible.
Any takers?

The colors are quite LGBT, aren't they? Is this intentional?
No this has nothing to do with LGBT or international colors

the olympic flag got all intarnational colors

I only take some colors form the color spectrum that fit together.

AHHHH!

Maybe I was mistaken when thinking that the author or this thread wanted to provide icons that would look like "other Harmattan icons". The way to do that is to follow common conventions when designing the icons, which the original poster has nicely done except that a small detail was missing - the drop shadow. By adding the shadow the remaining icons would look like "Harmattan icons" which probably was the intention. Users definitely can have their icons any way they want but if the point of the author was to improve them towards a clearly defined direction (which happens to be defined in a document called guidelines), my intention was to help him/her to achieve this goal and improve the icons even further.

Okay, I just choked on them. What next? Please remember that as you said, if you don't want your icons to look better, you're free to use the original icons, the semi-fixed icons or any other icons. That doesn't have to include anyone choking on anything.

The "guidelines" are oly guidelines no rules, some of them are good but u don't have to carry out erverything of the guideline.
(I even don't know, do the music app got an drop shadow?! ^^)

Last edited by B3Punch3D; 2012-08-03 at 09:47.

Originally Posted by imaginaryenemy View Post
I enjoy changing the appearance of my phone frequently, and would love a very simple way to change many icons with as little work as possible.
Any takers?
Theme Settings is something like that, you can create icon-sets and switch between them.

Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Nokia should make an image tool for the icons. (The online generator is good, but doesn't work that well... to me.
In Photoshop you can create "actions" (I think it's called so?!) if this feature also supported in Illustrator we can create a custom action which change the icon to anstandard layout

Last edited by B3Punch3D; 2012-08-03 at 14:22.

The Following User Says Thank You to B3Punch3D For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by B3Punch3D View Post
Theme Settings is something like that, you can create icon-sets and switch between them.
I testet it with Theme Settings and it worked for me
In terminal:
Code:
cd /usr/share/themes
wget talk.maemo.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=27736
mv attachment.php?attachmentid=27736 iconpack.tar
tar xfv iconpack.tar
Tada, switch the theme in settings
If the untar dont works download it to you PC and untar it on your system then move the folder per usb to your device and move it in you theme folder(per terminal as root).
(first of all it only works with sock icons!)
Attached Files
File Type: tar iconpack.tar (50.0 KB, 144 views)

Last edited by B3Punch3D; 2012-08-04 at 13:31.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to B3Punch3D For This Useful Post:
Fennec....
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to cynik606 For This Useful Post:
that should fit the size
Attached Images

Last edited by B3Punch3D; 2012-08-06 at 16:16.

Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
New Icons Added:

Ionic Reader, fheroes2, linked in with drop shadow, Auto Off, Reboot
Attached Images

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post: