Active Topics

Notices

Just received a tweet from Everything N9 that Wazzap may be released tomorrow. Is this true?

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
Just received a tweet from Everything N9 that Wazzap may be released tomorrow. Is this true?
That's me and at the moment it may not be the case. We are still ironing out a few more bugs. It's very close to a stable product, but we want to make it as complete as possible before we release it.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Originally Posted by Arie View Post
That's me and at the moment it may not be the case. We are still ironing out a few more bugs. It's very close to a stable product, but we want to make it as complete as possible before we release it.
By "As complete as possible" do U mean Media Transfer and group chat included?

The Following User Says Thank You to Muzimak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Muzimak View Post
By "As complete as possible" do U mean Media Transfer and group chat included?
Think he just means stable and no obvious bugs.

Those are features, they aren't necessities.

Once the foundations are all bug free, work on the 'features' can being

Bringing in just one of them features could bring up 100's of small irritating bugs.

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Off topic, if whatsapp eventually works 100% perfect on N9, will this prove that BBM can also be ported to N9.... I know I know.... Asking a bit too much, could be cool to prove to BB people that N9 is indeed unmatched

The Following User Says Thank You to Muzimak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Originally Posted by Muzimak View Post
Off topic, if whatsapp eventually works 100% perfect on N9, will this prove that BBM can also be ported to N9.... I know I know.... Asking a bit too much, could be cool to prove to BB people that N9 is indeed unmatched
i bet, next time you gonna ask siri to be ported, pfffft

The Following User Says Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
@Arie @tgalal

It probably has been asked and answered already, but I'm on my phone so searching is a bit hard..

Does it notify for new messages even when the app is closed? And does it store messages received while the phone was off etc..? Thanks.

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by slushie View Post
@Arie @tgalal

It probably has been asked and answered already, but I'm on my phone so searching is a bit hard..

Does it notify for new messages even when the app is closed? And does it store messages received while the phone was off etc..? Thanks.
If you run it in background yes, if it's closed, you'll get messages you received after you open the app and connect again.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following User Says Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by slushie View Post
@Arie @tgalal

Yes it does. You get the same notifications (sound and icon) as if it would be a SMS. On active lock screen the notification even shows a photo (if added in contacts) of the person who sent the message.

Messages are received once phone is on/internet connection is available. Although one time I had to open the app to get them - but I remember having had this problem also a few times with original WhatsApp. So It probably has nothing to do with the application itself.

EDIT: Everything already shortly replied by Arie

Last edited by almamo; 2012-05-16 at 20:27.

The Following User Says Thank You to almamo For This Useful Post:
Ok, thanks!
From everything I've heard of Wazapp, it really sounds like a very good app. I'm glad there are people making apps for the N9!

Tags
diapers, high-school