Active Topics

Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by devu View Post
You don't have to buy tools from adobe to create Flash content, it's free.
What? And I though Adobe Creative Suite costed thousands of dollars...

Posts: 431 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by joppu View Post
What? And I though Adobe Creative Suite costed thousands of dollars...
Yes, But u don't have to buy ADOBE tools to make swf content, that what I am saying.

Download FlashDevelop or Eclipse and OpenSource FlexSDK an you are ready to go. If you are even to lazy to do so go to http://wonderfl.net and you ready to go, even look for thousands of open source code as example done by community. Use Gimp if you need to operate on image assets.

You can even use completely different language haXe and create swf stuff as well.

Posts: 225 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ some where on earth
Wait and see what happens, before making conclusions. I am not defending Nokia, but I am giving them the benefit of the doubt, till the story becomes clear. That's logical, no?[/QUOTE]

How about this for Benefit of the Doubt! N770-N800-N810-N900
All 4 of these devices i paid with my hard earn money and there all are sitting in my tech tub waiting for up date's, it's like come on I put my N900 in the draw for my Nexus 1. Which I've seen more updates in 8 months than I've seen for maemo5 and s60 5th in a year!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Sadavyk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
1. What does HTML5 have to to do with Flash 10.1 probably not releasing to the N900? Seperate issues, me thinks and HTML5 has its own resource hogging ways as well.

2. The Flash 10.1 beta needs Android Froyo and does not have GPU support yet, since Adobe is still working on driver support for the OEM's that provided resources. Current chips that will be supported are the 3430 and 8000 snap series.

3. Flash Lite 4 (10.1) on the Incredible blows away Flash 9 performance on N900 for games and video. Ironic for games, since not very playable on Inc (no keyboard), but still a lot better performance. My N900 is OC'd to 800mhz. If not a more efficient Flash version, Android 2.1 must be more efficient, since 800mhz 3430 vs. 1ghz snap should not make a big difference.

4. My guess is that Flash Lite 4 is more efficient and if the N900 had Flash Lite 4, we would be happy campers, since Flash 10.1 sites work fine with it.

5. I think the negative view about Nokia is fair- IF Nokia does not make the effort to have Flash 10.1 made for the N900.

6. Just in the past few weeks, N900 users have lost sites that were working and this will only get worse, since most web sites are in the process of checking now for Flash 10- even if the content does not require it.

7. Within a few months, Flash 9 will probably have far less worth on the N900, except for Flash games you may have saved through Firefox. Even that is becoming a problem now, since less sites allow saving game content.

Last edited by Rushmore; 2010-05-24 at 14:17. Reason: added chipset info

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rushmore For This Useful Post:
could it be that the reason for the delay in Pr1.2 is down to flash 10.1 being included in the update?

Could we be so lucky?

The leaked 1.2 had a minor update to flash 9.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by Spotfist View Post
could it be that the reason for the delay in Pr1.2 is down to flash 10.1 being included in the update?

Could we be so lucky?

I would hope so but i dont think so. What pissing me off is that i love the n900 but my main reason for getting the phone was that it had full flash and how good the web worked on the phone but now your tell me that we wont be getting flash 10.1 on a device that is more so a computer is backwards and doesnt make since.

The Following User Says Thank You to law138 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
The leaked 1.2 had a minor update to flash 9.
Yes, and it's slower. I had to stop Flaemo Project for N900 because it's completely useless in terms of performance. FlashLauncher app bring a little hope. However there is one big issue for now, using hd keyboard crashing Flash. Useless. I started trolling about flash from the day when I noticed performance loos in leaked 1.2. That made me thing that maybe they doing this intentionally even. But that was my emotional reaction after 2 weeks of hard work destroyed by new update.

The Following User Says Thank You to devu For This Useful Post:
By the way this is a picture of the day for me.
Feel free if I am wrong here, to correct my analysis.

Original

Analysis

Source Alexa

The Following User Says Thank You to devu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
So this all actually means that after we said that iPhone sucks because it doesn't have flash, we suddenly are at the same side. Funny...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MiK546 For This Useful Post: