We all know we can play Web OS games with preenv pretty cool is it?
But maybe is this also possible with android apps give me one reason it is not.
It is all linux even iOS have a piece of linux.
lets brainstorm the possiblities and how this can working
If we succeed we dont need to install android anymore and just run the apps/games direct from the default OS.
Tell me what you think about!

You are the first person to suggest this. I wish that everyone on this site was as wise as you.

The Following User Says Thank You to Reffyyyy For This Useful Post:
Myriad are already doing that with Alien Dalvik - Meego is set to be one of the first targets. I can't see any commercial developer doing it for Maemo though.

http://www.myriadgroup.com/Media-Cen...id-Phones.aspx

The Following User Says Thank You to Strawman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK
Beat me to it Strawman.

Originally Posted by Strawman View Post
Myriad are already doing that with Alien Dalvik - Meego is set to be one of the first targets. I can't see any commercial developer doing it for Maemo though.

http://www.myriadgroup.com/Media-Cen...id-Phones.aspx
but can we download this already for own usage i dont see any links for it how a guide how to use it or install
so what is youre point atm

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
wow great idea trust me..............

if i would know how to do it i had started work on it!

found some more info about it
it will launch this year according this site
http://www.my-maemo.com/software/app...to=2090&faq=46

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
"But maybe is this also possible with android apps give me one reason it is not."

It is possible. You just need to port Dalvik. Oh look, someone has:
http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/N...-Alien-Dalvik/

"It is all linux even iOS have a piece of linux."

What? Android is just a linux kernel, it's not a linux distribution. It's not even close. At least Maemo is an offshoot of the debian linux distro, android is nothing but a kernel, a java VM, and a bunch of Google APIs.

And iOS isn't even that, it's a darwin kernel, which is derived from BSD but so heavily mucked with by Apple as to no longer be recognizable as anything but locked down crap from the black turtleneck anointed one.

ARGH!!!! The more people who spread this kind of "knowledge" around the community, the closer we are to losing real Linux on a handheld platform forever.

Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
"But maybe is this also possible with android apps give me one reason it is not."

It is possible. You just need to port Dalvik. Oh look, someone has:
http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/N...-Alien-Dalvik/

"It is all linux even iOS have a piece of linux."

What? Android is just a linux kernel, it's not a linux distribution. It's not even close. At least Maemo is an offshoot of the debian linux distro, android is nothing but a kernel, a java VM, and a bunch of Google APIs.

And iOS isn't even that, it's a darwin kernel, which is derived from BSD but so heavily mucked with by Apple as to no longer be recognizable as anything but locked down crap from the black turtleneck anointed one.

ARGH!!!! The more people who spread this kind of "knowledge" around the community, the closer we are to losing real Linux on a handheld platform forever.
just stuck on the main topic and not some bs alright ?
and never got a jailbroken ipod touch or iphone
it got terminal commands is based like and even android run java it is still linux even if it only use kernel of it
it stays linux
android need root access 2 for some apps it got terminal can run unbuntu in some droid devices so it is linux the base is linux for android and iOS
without the linux kernel we cant boot it at all we need linux everytime for android and iOS simple fact
dont be a *** like you know everything even android use java it is still a small linux dont matter if it is full or not

Last edited by RDilus; 2011-02-11 at 14:46.

Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by RDilus View Post
just stuck on the main topic and not some bs alright ?
he's telling you that you don't know what you're asking.