Notices

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by pious_momin View Post
my n900 kept on rebooting and never start up!!! this application needs to be in extra testing not in devel..............i had to flash my n900 coz of this.................
You mean your n900 rebooted after you install extkbd by itself? Or you restart it manually after installing extkbd and get caught in reboot loop? Will you explain what you actually did.

Anyway, extras-devel is the first repository things fall into after passing through autobuilder. The software there is most probably not ready for end users, read here http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras-devel and here http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras-testing

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
how do we reinstall the original script if we try to delete this package?

@eagle_linux : I am still waiting qole to answer to PM i sent him, will make extkbd compatible with bt-hid scripts or will include same functionality soon

@ceroberts75: which script you point at

Cheers

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by eagle_linux View Post
Thanks for the program, just what I needed!
ATM, though, it doesn't worky for me. I'm unable to connect my bt keyboard, as the bluetooth-symbol in the system tray lights up blue for a fraction of a second and then goes white again if I turn on my (paired) keyboard. I believe that's the same problem that the bt-hid-scripts tried to solve (and they did for me, but didn't get the layout right).
Because the keyboard can't connect to the N900, I don't see any keyboards in the keyboards dialog in your app.

Any idea how to solve this? I'd really love to finally use my kb
New version is available in extras-devel which gives an option to manually connect your keyboard (hopefully )

Cheers

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 90 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Earth, Milky-way Galaxy
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
You mean your n900 rebooted after you install extkbd by itself? Or you restart it manually after installing extkbd and get caught in reboot loop? Will you explain what you actually did.

Anyway, extras-devel is the first repository things fall into after passing through autobuilder. The software there is most probably not ready for end users, read here http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras-devel and here http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras-testing
i installed from extra-devel and it was unable to install then uninstall it and reboot my n900 and to my surprise it keep on rebboting.... so i had flashed my n900

Originally Posted by pious_momin View Post
i installed from extra-devel and it was unable to install then uninstall it and reboot my n900 and to my surprise it keep on rebboting.... so i had flashed my n900
How exactly did you uninstall it if it failed to install. And do you have appmanager logs or error message to provide. I am trying to understand if my program has any incompatibility other than with bt-hid-scripts, but till now you did not provide any useful info.

@ eagle_linux - I have the same problem, though it all worked fine when I was using PR1.1 or PR1.2

I also get the following error when I start extkbd, indicating a missing file:

Cannot open /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty/99-x11-external-keyboard.fdi - no such file or directory

That is normal, once you configure at least one keyboard , the message will not appear anymore. Did you try latest extkbd, it has option to manually connect to bt HID devices

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Much to my surprise that did work. Many thanks!

Posts: 346 | Thanked: 139 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston Texas
Is the conflict with bt-hid-scripts resolved? I got a lot of dependency errors with this after a Re-flash, and so did other people made threads about it too.

Tags
bluetooth, keyboard