Notices

Originally Posted by resplendent2209 View Post
Step by step instructions please?

You should know this.

Then the N900 doesn't belong to you!

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mumbai, India and Amherst, USA (Current Location)
Whatever! It does belong to me fortunately

I expected a much worse comment from you lol.

Originally Posted by mardy View Post
No, those OVI maps cannot be used.
What is the reason installed Ovi map-files cannot be used as a map source?

Is it impossible, or just noone has put effort to implement it?

Are there any voice navigation audio files currently included in the current version? (I am on en_GB Language BTW)

Also in Mappero Announce option, it says Voice Synthesis requires a filter. Is the filter included or there is something else we need to download?

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Is there any way to download maps to Mappero like you can download maps to Navit (use a some kind of tool to select a part of map from PC (or select a country from a list and download its data like in Ovi Maps) and then transfer the map data to N900).

Mappero 3.0+beta7, currently in extras-testing, supports turn-by-turn navigation with vocal announcements in the device user's language.
I enabled "voice synthesis" and replaced the interlingua *.spx files with english ones. What else do I need to do to test this feature?
If there are no sound files for the language in use, then Mappero falls back to interlingua, an international language that you all should learn ;-)
I placed them in the location ........
Code:
/opt/maemo/usr/share/sounds/mapper/
over-writing the original *.spx files. My language is en_GB

What else do I need to check?

Posts: 515 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oelsted, Denmark
Reaaaally tired right now. I'll give it a go tomorrow for da_DK... Don't think people wanna hear my rusty' sleepy voice over and over again...

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
it_IT
I admit there might be better voices than mine
Attached Files
File Type: gz it_IT.mp3.gz (325.9 KB, 266 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
this is odd, i try to get directoins to test the turn by turn but i get msg service not available? huh gps is on...... i even have wifi connection

Yes, all maps supported by Mappero can be downloaded while at home. You can download maps for a certain area, or along one route.
where, how ??

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
this is odd, i try to get directoins to test the turn by turn but i get msg service not available? huh gps is on...... i even have wifi connection
Google's servers are being iffy right now. Not quite sure why, but Mardy has said:

Originally Posted by Mardy's Blog
@jespercheetah: Google relies on gnuite.com server, which lately is often unaccessible. Reittiopas works only in the Helsinki region, and Yandex in Moscow. I'm investigating other ways of getting the route, including cloudmade (but it's not a free service).
Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
where, how ??
Application Menu (click on the bar at the top) > Maps > Manage Maps > Self-Explanatory from there.
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

Tags
mappero, navigation