Active Topics

Asus is really trying to get out there. I was at target yesterday, and there they were, sitting on the shelf.

$299. They had white and black, running linux.

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Santiago, Chile
I would really go for an eee at that price if it had touchscreen.

I was thinking the same thing. They had one of those "fake" displays, so I couldn't even TRY it. Looking at the thing, my first reaction was "This should really be a touch screen"...

The Following User Says Thank You to jamiepda For This Useful Post:
Yeah, there have been some netbooks with touchscreens, but haven't gotten good reviews and are far more expensive. Really, my dream device right now is the original eee, but with the full screen (not with the ugly black borders) and make it a swivel touchscreen. And has a similar price. Is that too farfetched?

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Wisconsin, USA
Do you know which model it was? 700, 900, 901, etc?

I've never seen one of these "in the flesh" so it would be interesting to look at even if it wasn't running.

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Portugal
I just bought to my wife a Acer Aspire One for 250 Euros. It is better quality than the ASUS, sleek design, polished finishing, better keyboard, and support 2 SDHD cards, one will work as extension for the 8G internal memory (I installed a 16G SDHD so the total memory is 22G).
It boots very fast (5 to 6 seconds), comes loaded with SW and has a bright screen. The OS is Linux, and with a neat user interface.
I might by one for me ;-)

see http://www.acer.com/aspireone/

The Following User Says Thank You to luso For This Useful Post:
looks a lot nicer than than the eee. still no touchscreen on that range ^^
When It gets there I'll make sure I get one. theres the Gigabyte M912V, and the kojinsha SC3 and SX3, but they are on a higher range.

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by luso View Post
It boots very fast (5 to 6 seconds), comes loaded with SW and has a bright screen. ...
You mean cold boot in 5...6 seconds??

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I have almost completely decided to buy an Asus eee 1000h, though an Aspire One is my second choice, unless I change my mind. I think the final decider was battery life: The eee 1000h has more than five hours without charging, some say seven.

Contrary opinions are invited.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
http://www.engadget.com/2008/10/10/e...ms-sub-300-mo/

http://www.engadget.com/2008/10/02/e...orably-*****y/

The second one while kinda rude is true nonetheless...