Poll: Next phone after Nokia N9
Poll Options
Next phone after Nokia N9

Yeah, so Nokia (or rather the service center Mobiletouch) did get in touch with me. I can send them the current 16 GB phone and I'll get the 64 GB version back. I might take this risk, though considering their track record I am apprehensive what I might get back in return. But then again, I want my 64 GB version. I like to store at least 10 GB of music on my device.

@ranbaxy: I might kill someone if they send me a Lumia 800 in place of my N9.

Finally got back my N9, 64 GB. All in all, took 3 months.

The Following User Says Thank You to rahulthewall For This Useful Post:
N4 have LTE features in a Hidden menu, you can activate this feature.

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ India
Hi to all members reading this post.

I am bumping this thread as my N9 is sort of dead as it is not able to connect to network and IMEI number is also erased (sort of). More detials on that are in this thread

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=87789&page=8

I am not leaving the N9 as of now. It has a special place in my heart. I would try to do whatever possible to bring it to life. If not, then it will be there to satisfy the geek with in me and I will try all sort of thing on it.

On topic.. So, as this thread is a bit older and the industry have shown many new phones recently like Galaxy S4, Xperia Z, HTC One, Iphone 5 (I like 4s), Nexus 4, Note 2, BB Z10 or...... (add any). I would like to know which phone will be better to buy.

I know its a subjective topic but though I would like to take some tips. AS of my taste, it should be:

Screen Size - near 4 (I can handle big ones as well, also the list above is more than 4 inches only :P)
Would love to have Meego on any of those devices but Android and iOS are the mainstream devices (prefer a mainstream device now).
Good specification to do most of the basic and smart thing possible on Mobiles.
A little insurance for future.
Good camera and music.

I would love to have a Jolla device but there few issues with it, one, its not available for sale as of now, two not available in my country (no waranties and repair ) Same issue with my current N9, not a mainstream device (actually until yesterday I was happy about it) but the major issue is its not supported by Nokia.. No repairs leave the warranty thing aside. So no new N9 now.

Thanks for your responses.

Last edited by kumary; 2013-06-04 at 18:33.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by kumary View Post
Hi to all members reading this post.

I am bumping this thread as my N9 is sort of dead as it is not able to connect to network and IMEI number is also erased (sort of). More detials on that are in this thread

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=87789&page=8

I am not leaving the N9 as of now. It has a special place in my heart. I would try to do whatever possible to bring it to life. If not, then it will be there to satisfy the geek with in me and I will try all sort of thing on it.

On topic.. So, as this thread is a bit older and the industry have shown many new phones recently like Galaxy S4, Xperia Z, HTC One, Iphone 5 (I like 4s), Nexus 4, Note 2, BB Z10 or...... (add any). I would like to know which phone will be better to buy.

I know its a subjective topic but though I would like to take some tips. AS of my taste, it should be:

Screen Size - near 4 (I can handle big ones as well, also the list above is more than 4 inches only :P)
Would love to have Meego on any of those devices but Android and iOS are the mainstream devices (prefer a mainstream device now).
Good specification to do most of the basic and smart thing possible on Mobiles.
A little insurance for future.
Good camera and music.

I would love to have a Jolla device but there few issues with it, one, its not available for sale as of now, two not available in my country (no waranties and repair ) Same issue with my current N9, not a mainstream device.

Thanks for your responses.
I would say: wait until September when Note lll is announced. If you like it, Get IT! IF YOU Dont: get Note ll for a great price. As An outsider I will promote Tizen for September announcment.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Nexus 4 is a fantastic device with excellent battery life, great day-to-day performance, and a wonderful screen.

Thanks,