Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Send it from nitdroid :-D

The Following User Says Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 114 | Thanked: 61 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Beijing, China
cc to @ammyt ,
For now the software of NITDroid is almost fully functional on my device, but I'd like to point out some probs related to hardware or not-so-well-written system scripts:
1. Dragging down/up the status bar is VISIBLY more laggy than normal Android devices, even low-end ones. Not just that, most 2D usage and some 3D ones like switching between apps, daily use with live wallpapers, and effects in TouchWiz 3 / 4 launchers (EDIT: Tap Tap 4 opens after establishing an Internet connection BUT gameplay is again VERY laggy and unplayable due to the lack of 2D acceleration, I guess) are all slower than expected. (I thought N900's OMAP3430 CPU can outperform the MSM7227 on most low devices, but when I saw a Galaxy 5 - not S - dragging down and navigating through menus smoothly / my mate's ZTE U880 w/ a Marvell ARM9 CPU playing Tap Tap well I began to doubt... And when I saw Moto's Droid 1 w/ OMAP3430 running TouchWiz 4 smoothly I knew it must be some optimization prob that can be solved)
2. Gravity sensor's directions seem wrong in many apps, like the latest Doodle Jump, SpeedX 3D (gosh that's a favorite of many) and even the system Gallery app. (check these out yourself)
Just will these little (?) probs be solved with further scripts/updates quickly? I don't wish for too much ICS or some new version, just make the current stable version PERFECT first please e-yes!

Last edited by AndyYan; 2012-02-08 at 09:40.

The Following User Says Thank You to AndyYan For This Useful Post:
I'm having some troubles, i whant to use nitdroid for everyday ( is possible? )

But my phone isnt working, ever stay in airplane mode, and i dont know what to do... i installed everything, the kernel, the latest version and nothing, phone still not working.

There is any reason? how i can fix this?

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 61 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Beijing, China
Originally Posted by |ErosizeD| View Post

But my phone isnt working, ever stay in airplane mode, and i dont know what to do... i installed everything, the kernel, the latest version and nothing, phone still not working.

NITDroid is not ready for day-to-day use, voice calls is not working, accelerometer and hardware acceleration is partially not usable, and stability is not guaranteed. LOOK AT THE FIRST POST, IT SAID "VOICE CALLS STILL UNDER DEVELOPMENT". Read before you try anything / post.
If it's just you can't get out of airplane mode I suggest a reinstallation of NITDroid, and for turning off/on airplane mode, don't do it in Settings app (usually won't succeed), instead on homescreen long press power button, tap the airplane mode option and wait for as long as 20 secs for signals to come.
Hope above helps.

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by |ErosizeD| View Post

May be you have to disable PIN-lock in maemo's phone settings first to get the ability to switch airplane mode off.

N900 fail to start

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Lisbon, Portugal
NITDroid on the N9 has caught TheVerge's attention: http://www.theverge.com/2012/2/9/278...andwich-teaser

Originally Posted by leonard123 View Post
N900 fail to start
We need more information than that to help you.

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Kierspe
somebody help me with this i already looked allover.. succefull install manually n12umay on mmcblk0p5. startup, android logo loading, red lights start to flash and keeps loading nothing happens. i installed today with the auto installer for emmc (mmcblk0p2 i think) same problem . usb port broken so no startup charging possible. i can still boot maemo the normal kernel and the power krn.. need to know whats going on with this

Originally Posted by AndyYan View Post
NITDroid is not ready for day-to-day use, voice calls is not working, accelerometer and hardware acceleration is partially not usable, and stability is not guaranteed. LOOK AT THE FIRST POST, IT SAID "VOICE CALLS STILL UNDER DEVELOPMENT". Read before you try anything / post.
If it's just you can't get out of airplane mode I suggest a reinstallation of NITDroid, and for turning off/on airplane mode, don't do it in Settings app (usually won't succeed), instead on homescreen long press power button, tap the airplane mode option and wait for as long as 20 secs for signals to come.
Hope above helps.
Yes i know, but i mean i can use watsapp right? for that i dont need voicecalls, normally only i use that aplication to chat with my friends.

In rare cases i use calls... If that is needed i can switch on maemo i less than a minute.

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid