Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Perhaps you should take your sigs advice. The apps are slowly filtering into the store. The panorama app is NOT the "same old app" it is more polished etc. Not sure what you mean regarding a UI update, can only assume you meant the UI of the store. Granted its ugly - but I can live with that if it gets the job done.
Yes I meant UI and as i remember it was getting updated too so ugliness is an issue because we cant even write reviews...i dont see any of new apps on my N900 so i cant comment on panorama app

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Originally Posted by eiraku View Post
Or IMEI... Which explains why my purchases get declined. I really don't think my unit comes from proper local channels (imported unit)...

Phone (from one country) sees apps... Man tries to buy apps with credit card (from another country)... *BAM*... Ovi payment systems get confused = no sale.

Or something... I really couldn't care much anymore lol.
lol that would be a disaster since in Canada most of us bought device from the US

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
I aint buying sh1t from the ovi store.. at least not until I get better ovi map with navigation...

Originally Posted by x61 View Post
I aint buying sh1t from the ovi store.. at least not until I get better ovi map with navigation...
Want a cake ? :/

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by eiraku View Post
Or IMEI... Which explains why my purchases get declined.
I don't think it is related to IMEI since I bought mine from an US vendor... and it would be difficult to control IMEI by countries, but I am not sure.

You tell em. Because I mean not giving support to third party developers who bothered to put the effort in to create content for the N900, will really show Nokia and force them to give you want you want. You might also try holding your breath until you turn blue, that sometimes works for my toddler.

I swear people whine and moan about not getting something. Then when they get it they simply find something else to whine and moan about. And people wonder why so many threads get a short sharp response from many in the community.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Last edited by Bratag; 2010-06-01 at 16:39.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
no updates for me. what the ff***k

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brazil
If Nokia is taking more than 6 months to deliver a working Ovi Store for paid apps, imagine how many more months you should wait for Ovi Maps with voice navigation... and that if it will really be released on Maemo 5 and not just for Meego...

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Powell, OH
Originally Posted by HellFlyer View Post
Another proof that Nokia can handle anything properly IMO they should disable store, upload paid apps and enable it again. afaik these are major changes and if they screw this up neither user nor developers will bother with ovi store again
You know unlike other phone vendors they (Nokia) make more than a couple of devices. I don't think you would take down the whole OVI store to update a couple of applications. Outside of this forum most people with an N900 don't even know it's being updated so it's not harming many while they sync.

Originally Posted by theflew View Post
You know unlike other phone vendors they (Nokia) make more than a couple of devices. I don't think you would take down the whole OVI store to update a couple of applications. Outside of this forum most people with an N900 don't even know it's being updated so it's not harming many while they sync.
Whole store has nothing to do with N900 , Symbian devices use different approach. You are actually downloading right from server linked to ovi but with N900 after payment its just a small .install file that goes to apps manager which later downloads it from Ovi repository WHICH is only used by N900 users , so yeah I still think they should take down repo and web gateway