@caco3

Are you interested in a Turkish translation file for SleepAnalyser? If you are I can try to translate it (My Turkish is not 100% but I'll do my best)

Also:
I recorded my sleep for the first time and I noticed I was in Light sleep around 7:00 till around 7:10 after that I was in deep sleep and I woke up really late. If I get the same result again and again is it better to set my alarm at 7:00 so I will get up more easily? (I have issues getting up no matter how early/late I sleep)

Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
Hi Devrim

I would like to see a Turkish version. So if you are willing to translate it, that would be great. It only takes you around 15..30 minutes and is quite easy.
Please have a look at the explanations here: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=258

Attached to this post is the latest language file.

Thank you for your help!
Attached Files
File Type: zip SleepAnalyser.pot.zip (3.4 KB, 86 views)
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

My Turkish isn't as good as I expected so I need to make sure the translations are correct. It will take me longer to finish it (I expect it to be finished in a week)

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
Hi, several updates of SleepAnalyser in repo but no word about in here?
(just wanna push this thread again )

You are right
I havent been very present in the forum recently.

The latest version I moved into extras is mainly a bug fix and some small addings.
How ever the version which is now in testing has many new features and should be very stable. So please test it and vote for it at http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...nalyser/2.2-4/
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

I'd love to vote for 2.2-4 but I just discovered a strange behaviour:
When setting an alarm with wakeup music and then stopping music and logging before regular alarm starts, the alarm is still active in alarmqueue. It just gets deleted when closing SleepAnalyser.

Example: Alarm time 9.00, frame 30 min, music duration 5 min. Music gets triggered at 8.40, would run til 8.45 and then alarm would go off. Entry in alarmqueue is now set to 8.45 (easily visible via nextalarm widget). Now stopping music and logging at 8.43, but not closing SleepAnalyser! I.e. app shows either statistics or start window. This stops music but doesn't clear the alarm from alarmqueue. When closing the app the alarm gets deleted.

Is that behaviour by design? Or do you accidentally clear alarmqueue only when closing app? In my opinion it should be done when logging stops and I guess it is done correctly when stopping logging before music starts.

I think most of the time this has no effect on user but thinking about a quite long running wakeup music (some ten minutes for example) the alarm could get triggered when user is already up and away from phone.

This in turn leads to a small request: could you add the option to only play music without an alarm afterwards? That would be nice as the alarm sound is quite nasty after some smooth wakeup music

Originally Posted by x-lette View Post
I'd love to vote for 2.2-4 but I just discovered a strange behaviour:
When setting an alarm with wakeup music and then stopping music and logging before regular alarm starts, the alarm is still active in alarmqueue. It just gets deleted when closing SleepAnalyser.

Example: Alarm time 9.00, frame 30 min, music duration 5 min. Music gets triggered at 8.40, would run til 8.45 and then alarm would go off. Entry in alarmqueue is now set to 8.45 (easily visible via nextalarm widget). Now stopping music and logging at 8.43, but not closing SleepAnalyser! I.e. app shows either statistics or start window. This stops music but doesn't clear the alarm from alarmqueue. When closing the app the alarm gets deleted.

Is that behaviour by design? Or do you accidentally clear alarmqueue only when closing app? In my opinion it should be done when logging stops and I guess it is done correctly when stopping logging before music starts.

I think most of the time this has no effect on user but thinking about a quite long running wakeup music (some ten minutes for example) the alarm could get triggered when user is already up and away from phone.
You are right, this behaviour is on purpose!
On one hand is a safety, in case SleepAnalyser goes mad (which should not happen any more with the latest version).
On the other hand I thought its useful in case somebody acknowledges the alarm and then continues sleeping.

The mentioned (2nd) alarm will come at the set time, as you figured out. How ever it has nothing to do with the wake up music. It will get removed when you close SleepAnalyser. As you at that time still could be in bed, I thought its ok to keep the alarm active. At least for me, I always close SleepAnalyser when I get up, as I at the same time anyway quickly check my emails and calendar.

Originally Posted by x-lette View Post
This in turn leads to a small request: could you add the option to only play music without an alarm afterwards? That would be nice as the alarm sound is quite nasty after some smooth wakeup music
I was thinking about that myself. But then decided that that would be dangerous. One could stop the music and then continue sleeping. (You might not even realise doing it as you might still be partially asleep). The nasty sound keeps me reminded of having to get up. Usually I try to get up before the alarm goes off
and more...

The Following User Says Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post:
I understand your point but I think it's some steps beyond the scope of such an app. First goal should be to smoothly wake up the user. In addition to the analyse of sleep this can be done by playing some suitable music in the morning but in the end this is the user's choice if and what kind of music he wants to hear in the morning.
But when I select music to wake me up I usually choose one that is able to make me awake. If I'm such a deep sleeper or if I know that I have only few hours to sleep and urgently need to get up by time I always can choose evilalarm as external program. Or I can script a wakeup procedure by myself like first playing a smooth song then calling evilalarm.
Second argument: when a user already stopped music and logging he could be considered to be awake. So there'd be no need to let the alarm in queue.

To make it short: my opinion is that I'd like to have the choice to get up by music or alarm or anything else. So I would appreciate if alarm gets deleted from queue when user stops current logging. And additionally it would be fine to have the choice to enable or disable alarm at all.

But as this point is now cleared (e.g.: by design) I can now vote for current version!

I was thinking a bit about your requests.
I really do not want to delete the 2nd alarm, as it is a protection in case something goes wrong.
How ever, if you do not want to have an alarm, I found an easy solution for you: Just use an external alarm, which doesn't do anything, i.e. the command "true". This way, you will not get any alarm except the wake up music.
and more...

The Following User Says Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by caco3 View Post
I was thinking a bit about your requests.
I really do not want to delete the 2nd alarm, as it is a protection in case something goes wrong.
How ever, if you do not want to have an alarm, I found an easy solution for you: Just use an external alarm, which doesn't do anything, i.e. the command "true". This way, you will not get any alarm except the wake up music.
Allright, I can understand your point. Your 'workaround' is a really great one, very linux-ish . I just didn't test wether music and alternate alarm work together and thought, alternate alarm would disable wakeup music too. But this way it's a great solution to first have music and then nothing or more music or whatever! Thanks!