n800 with Diablo after a regular update (~60MB, dunno what it was in detail).
After the update WiFi was still working.
When I went back home it suddenly stopped to see any networks ;/ (I have 2 available & working for 100%).
Restarting didn't help. It's searching for a network all the time.
This solution is not really a option for me cause I'm sure it's a software issue and I don't want to reflash (done it once after installing the Vista theme) ;/.
Code:
/etc/init.d/networking restart
fails for eth0 but wlan0 is in our concern, right?
Code:
/etc/init.d/wlancond restart
works but doesn't change anything.
Any more troubleshooting I can do?

EDIT:
This is geting wierder and wierder.
I just thought about running WiFiinfo (with no success ofc :P), the connection manager (the same finding issue as earlier) and finally getting a restore of the application list (only!).
When I went to the app manager the connection to the WLAN suddenly came back to life except that the statusbar icon still shows that there is no connection active . WTH is going on xD?

EDIT2 & SOLUTION:
Disabled all stoopid repos and ran:
Code:
apt-get install --reinstall osso-connectivity*
restarting...
Worked like a charm .

So dear Nokia IT users, if you encounter any wierd stuff with the WiFi and manage to get a connection (USB would be a option here for restoring) follow this stuff :P.

Last edited by Zamber; 2008-10-01 at 22:23. Reason: Typo, sumarizing.

The Following User Says Thank You to Zamber For This Useful Post:
Can this be made a sticky?
Post like this where there is chronological log of Q and solution without pages of off/on topic comments are so few.

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Toronto, Canada
I had the same problem this morning!

Like you mine mysteriously came back to life. I ended up reflashing three times!

polossatik, the catch is in the people. A board like this one is not meant to be a free support center but a place to help each other, investigate broken (or interesting) things and describe them in a readable manner .

This should be a manifesto to all support seekers - if your thread is solved summarize it in the 1st post and add a "SOLVED" to the title .

Rohan, linux != windows. A reflash will probably do the trick but it's not as fun as solving the problem yourself (imagine the enormous satisfaction :P) and people get a stupid logic when it comes to support - "Don't works? Reflash!". You will fix it but the reason why it was broken is still unsolved. Well, even if the reason is not known a solution other than a reflash is almost always on the horizon - like reinstalling the faulty stuff.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zamber For This Useful Post:
Here's something interesting for you:

I am able to connect to my home wifi network ONLY when using WPA2-PSK, not WPA-PSK (or the two at the same time).

It seems to be an intermittent problem. Each time I have changed anything on the router (channel, security, etc...) I am able to connect for a while but then it drops again. I suspect it is something to do with the latest update as I haven't had this problem before.

Thoughts?

A further update. I set up a second network to test out my tablet. I'm able to connect and browse fine on WPA-PSK if encryption is set to AES and not TKIP. this seems to make sense as my main router only allows for TKIP with WPA-PSK and for AES with WPA2. I'm going to test this further and will report back.

has anyone heard of problems with TKIP? I was fine until the update...

EDIT: It seems this is a belkin N1 vision problem. I'm fine using TKIP or AES withWPA-PSK on a Bell Sympatico router. Damn this pretty router, it's been nothing but trouble!

Last edited by Rohan; 2008-10-02 at 13:19.

I've recently undergone the SSU update as well.
Since then my N810's WiFi is dead. Funny thing is though that nothing thats been suggested here seems to work.

I can start the device with ifconfig wlan0 up, but it wont connect. Sadly I didnt have iwtools installed.
I have reflashed a few weeks ago and not installed any weird tools and no weird repos. Everything that I've installed since the reflash I did through the app manager.
I cannot even connect through bluetooth any my cellphone.

Any clues other than reflashing?

I am the same way. Can not connect through bluetooth also.

This post http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...&postcount=304 gave me a lot of clues.
I had deleted the documentation, for instance. Also apt-get wasnt working for me after the update.
So I ended up reflashing. The SSU update is now also available via flash, so theres no need tu do any updates after that. I am installing most of my programs as we speak.

This is the second time I had to reflash after an SSU.

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California, USA
Originally Posted by polossatik View Post
Can this be made a sticky?
Post like this where there is chronological log of Q and solution without pages of off/on topic comments are so few.
In principle, that's what the wiki is for -- indexing and possibly formalizing the useful stuff.

Tags
problem, solution