Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Melbourne Australia
FAKE!!! i opened a closed the keybord while scanning and got the exact same image as if they keybord was open no distorted image or anything

Posts: 345 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Reunion Island
hum, i can't find the app...

PC :
MSi K9N2 Diamond, AMD Phenom 9950 BE @ 3.2ghz, 2x2GO DDR2 G.Skill Extreme Pi Black PC8500, Sapphire ATi Radeon HD 4890 Vapor-X, Hitachi 1To sata II

is it really fake?

i don't know if i'm using it correctly or now... =(

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Be careful!! It's infected with the GOODTIMES virus!
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 185 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mexico DF, Mexico
Zoom feature not implemented yet? Can't re-scan after first scan without having to exit the app? This must be considered a Bug! Also, my fingers looks longer than they actually are. I guess you've got a scaling problem. Also, I'm using Kernel Power 47 and runs flawless... so I gues you just getting the internal circuit diagram are having aditional problems not necessarily related to the app..
Seriously, 1.2 Mb its a lot for this "app"...
N900 registered as Linux Machine # 426325

I am sorry, but i don't find this particular kind of "joke" amusing...

The Following User Says Thank You to dack001 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 279 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Holland
You could implement the feature of sensing earthquakes before they strike using the accelerometer. Just think of the thousands of lives it will save! Oh, and a module for the camera to map the milkway surrounding our galaxy

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blipnl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
So, after reading the replies I guess my initial plan and my little application is working as expected!

I participate with this Application at the Coding Competition in the FUN & STRANGE section. And as far as I'm able to check some people here have already fun. So it works!

For me it's a small learning project to get more familar with graphical objects. (have a look at the matrix stile numbers effect - it's real time calculated and every time different)
I've a Idea for a, in my opinion, good small Game that could work great at the N900, it's successor and some Tablet computer. I know, nobody in THIS thread will belive me now, but it will simulate a Multitouch screen. Yes, you read correctly. You will play this game the most time with 2 fingers on your screen. (not more, not less) This game will feel at the N900 as if it has a multitouch screen.
Okay, I can see it on your face (thru the light sensitive layer on your screen) you don't belive me. So please stay tuned. I hope I could release something in the next months. (but I guess unfortunately only after the end of the coding competition - I have still a lot to learn and not enought time and vacation)

So, go out with your mobile X-ray unit and have some fun!

In my opinion it works a lot better than the "similar" and expensive applications for the fruit phone from Apple. I my opinion my application has in contrast a chance that someone could belive it for more than 5 seconds... Am I wrong?

In the very unlikely case you could like my work, please test the donate button in my little application. It could never get a compensation for all the hours I spent learning C++ and Qt... but it will be in my opinion the best feedback and the best motivation I could get.

Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
Sounds interesting! I'm going to give it a go at the weekend, once my new hazmat suit arrives from ebay - can't be too careful with LCD preamplifier cosmic background radiation!
It's only a detector, not a radiator. So you should be safe.
And I have seen your fart app tutorial from last years coding competition. So, select your words wise...

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

Last edited by helex; 2011-05-20 at 08:24.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by justice4all3000 View Post
FAKE!!! i opened a closed the keybord while scanning and got the exact same image as if they keybord was open no distorted image or anything
Once the scanning process introduced it updates the shot steadily. So in the end you will get the same result. But perhaps it could need a little bit more time...

Originally Posted by Storm_11 View Post
Keyboard closed only showed contents of phone. Keyboard open only showed the circuitry directly behind the screen. I tried placing my fingers behind the screen, didnt show them. Placed car keys directly behind screen, again didnt show.
Sadly, the application is, because of the touch sensitive layer, unable to detect radiation in front of the screen.
Warning! It is unable to detect or shield you against gamma radiation! And to protect you before Alpha and Beta radiation the N900 is even to small...

It's only able to detect the radiation some milimeters behind the screen. But I have currently no explanation why the sensitive range scaled down that much as soon as you open the screen. I have the same effect on my device. Perhaps a electrical short thru the air? Any ideas?
As far as I was able to check it works in the vacuum a lot better... does anybody knows some dude that has booked a flight to the ISS, soon?

Tags
funny, jokeware, strange