Notices

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
What is this?

As the thread name says I made port of lemmings clone Pingus to N900. Although Lemmings can already be played trough emulation I tough having something native for the N900 would be cool too. It is not (at least yet) recommended for people who don't like the idea of potentially unstable applications (like any other Extras-Devel software) but it should be stable and I will move this to Extras-Testing if there doesn't seem to be any serious problems and when I get the maintaining status of the package.

Screenshots

Below there are some screenshots of the N900 port but if you want to see more just follow this link: http://pingus.seul.org/screenshots.html.

Installation

Just install it normally trough application manager (please note that you must have Extras-Devel enabled).

Last edited by MiK546; 2011-01-18 at 16:12.

The Following 53 Users Say Thank You to MiK546 For This Useful Post:
Now avaible in Extras-Devel!

-----------Old information!------------
Please note that for now I screw up the category and it i currently not in user/x catecory wich means the default application manager isn't able to see it. Faster application manager can see it if you press the C-button from the bottom-right corner of the screen, select "All packages (ADVANCED)" and then search for "pingus". You can also just run: "sudo apt-get update" and then "sudo apt-get install pingus" trough X-Terminal.

Last edited by MiK546; 2011-01-18 at 17:26.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MiK546 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate

Just uploaded a new version to Extras-Devel, this update adds a icon to the menu entry and makes the program avaible normally from the games category (this means it can now be installed with the the default application manager too). Please try it and report if it works/doesn't wor for you. If nobody says that it misses something or has some crusial bugs I will move it to Extras-Testing in a few days.

EDIT: And if you installed the previous versions please remove them first before installing this new version (because of the category change).

Last edited by MiK546; 2011-01-18 at 17:23.

Yes yes yes PINGUS FTW
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Hello! I cannot get the game to run... And when I try to run it from command line seems like it can't find core.res?

Originally Posted by Radicalz38 View Post
Hello! I cannot get the game to run... And when I try to run it from command line seems like it can't find core.res?
The correct command to run it from command line is "/usr/games/pingus --datadir /usr/share/games/pingus/data/ --fullscreen -g 800x480". The fullscreen and -g options are optional but make the game run in full screen with correct resolution.

Originally Posted by MiK546 View Post
The correct command to run it from command line is "/usr/games/pingus --datadir /usr/share/games/pingus/data/ --fullscreen -g 800x480". The fullscreen and -g options are optional but make the game run in full screen with correct resolution.
Once I fixed the pathing errors I am still left with

SavegameManager: Parser problem: Couldn't open file '/home/user/.pingus/savegames/savegames.scm'.

Might want to go back and look at the package.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Hurray!

Very usable, with only a couple of minor issues that dont effect playability

1. Not sure how to get all the function keys listed at the bottom of the first screen! F11 for fullscreen! erm!

2. When its not full screen, it probably should pause, but it seems to continue even seems to fully update the image in the task list!

Not sure how easy these are to fix, but its an excellent port

Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Once I fixed the pathing errors I am still left with

SavegameManager: Parser problem: Couldn't open file '/home/user/.pingus/savegames/savegames.scm'.

Might want to go back and look at the package.
Same here... Hmmm there's a new version maybe I should try it out first

Tags
road-house