Posts: 42 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Philadelphia
Thank you for great instructions itsnotabigtruck. I have successfully updated my Singapore N9 to N.European Generic PR1.2.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Germany
My N9 has PR 1.1.1 (22.2011.44-2.335.4_PR_335)
can i flash with any verson of PR 1.2 ?
if yes, which one is the best choice?

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Chicago, IL
@itsnotabigtruck

Thanks so much for the guide. Worked well. Was able to flash and then do the OTA to 1.2.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Argentina
GRRRRRR
can't flash it!!!! how do i make any os to recognize the device on flasher? im tired of trying, of turning on, and off, and on, and off... it won't get it.

If you are using Linux you don't need to use NaviFirmEx in wine to download the Firmware, you can use this Perl Firmware downloader script in the following thread.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=81697

The Following User Says Thank You to guzz46 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by patocr View Post
GRRRRRR
can't flash it!!!! how do i make any os to recognize the device on flasher? im tired of trying, of turning on, and off, and on, and off... it won't get it.
It's probably because you aren't running it as root. It looks like OS X does include sudo - did you try using it?

Originally Posted by guzz46 View Post
If you are using Linux you don't need to use NaviFirmEx in wine to download the Firmware, you can use this Perl Firmware downloader script in the following thread.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=81697
Yep - I didn't mention it in the post because it isn't able to download eMMC images like NaviFirmEx can. However, I'll bug admiral0 about adding that and include it.

Also, @mods: Thanks for stickying this!

The Following User Says Thank You to itsnotabigtruck For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by itsnotabigtruck View Post
It's probably because you aren't running it as root. It looks like OS X does include sudo - did you try using it?

Yep - I didn't mention it in the post because it isn't able to download eMMC images like NaviFirmEx can. However, I'll bug admiral0 about adding that and include it.

Also, @mods: Thanks for stickying this!
as i said before, dont know how to use it, missing the command 4 it.

i did..... sudo -i, then pass...... then flasher -f -F image.bin -R
connect phone being OFF, nothing
power on while connected.
i hear a "TICK" and a menu shows up saying "not enough power in usb to charge"... then... "enter usb charge mode"........
i really, really, really, really, dont get it.

i used to flash my 5230 several times, i cannot make this to read up my device, neither i use win or mac.

i am frustrated as ive been 4 hours trying. im done.

Originally Posted by patocr View Post
i did..... sudo -i, then pass...... then flasher -f -F image.bin -R
connect phone being OFF, nothing
power on while connected.
i hear a "TICK" and a menu shows up saying "not enough power in usb to charge"... then... "enter usb charge mode"........
i really, really, really, really, dont get it.

i used to flash my 5230 several times, i cannot make this to read up my device, neither i use win or mac.

i am frustrated as ive been 4 hours trying. im done.
Don't give up! You're almost there, you just need to charge up your N9 further before it will let you flash. Make sure to use the charger that came with the N9 to ensure that it gets enough power (not every wall charger or USB port will do).

Once it's charged past 50% or so, power it back off and get ready to flash.

Originally Posted by m.h.e.r View Post
My N9 has PR 1.1.1 (22.2011.44-2.335.4_PR_335)
can i flash with any verson of PR 1.2 ?
if yes, which one is the best choice?
You usually can't go wrong with 001 - but if you want to stick with the firmware intended for the Middle East use 006 instead.

Last edited by itsnotabigtruck; 2012-03-04 at 02:49.

Originally Posted by itsnotabigtruck View Post
Don't give up! You're almost there, you just need to charge up your N9 further before it will let you flash. Make sure to use the charger that came with the N9 to ensure that it gets enough power (not every wall charger or USB port will do).

Once it's charged past 50% or so, power it back off and get ready to flash.
its charged 80%...... it's been like that all the afternoon. i even let it charge like 3 hours, its 100% now.

the same happens.......

GKFNR"!?$I!=RKOPFAOPFAO;FPSAKFOPA#######!!!!!!!!!! !!

The Following User Says Thank You to patocr For This Useful Post:

Tags
flashing, nokia n9