Posts: 31 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sønderjylland, Denmark
I really looked forward to PR1.2, as it supposedly would fix many things. The thińg is, since it was released, I've experienced the exact opposite. MicroB just closes down, (crashes) as fast as I can open it. The Conversations app crashes all the time, and it might even not work, as it won't register the letters i type on the keyboard.

I've tried reflashing, I've tried different kernels - to no avail. One of my friends have an N900 as well, and it's got the same problems, more or less.

So, did PR1.2 just **** it all up? Or should I send my N900 to the nearest retailer for a fixup?

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Vilnius, Lithuania
Well 1.2 has some great new features, but I agree it's ruff around the edges... Browser crashes for me also.

Sorry to hear PR1.2 hasn't worked for you, it's an improvement over the last update.

Did you flash both the Fiasco and the EMMC images or was it an Over the air update. Flashing with the command line flasher should give you better results.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JonWW For This Useful Post:
to have both sides of the equation: never suffered from any of these issues

If your browser is giving you grief - go into Options -> Clear private data and things should speed up

If the chances are that your friend installs the same applications and hacks like you, chances are that an application or hack maybe messing with the pr1.2 libs and stuff, I'm not certain of this though...I'm just putting my thoughts out :/

I used the command line tool to flash it. Over the air didn't work for me.

And the biggest problem isn't really the browser, i would say the biggest problem is that I can't write messages without rocking the button to turn on/off the screen - the text doesn't show up unless I do it.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
if you haven't reflashed eMMC, do it asap...
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following User Says Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Is it necessary to reflash eMMC when updatng?

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Austria, Amstetten
sure.... pr1.2 destroyed your n900.... next it will steal your car... f*** your girlfriend.... and blow up your house...

anyway... are u sure u reflashed emmc too?? if not try that... first emmc and then pr1.2....

19 Lockerz.com Invites Left -- PM me if you need one...

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7...enixsiggi1.gif @ mods plz allow me that pic....

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ~phoenix~ For This Useful Post: