(searched forum for similar questions, didn't find anything so here goes: )

what's the use of the notification light on the N9? Nice to see that it lights up while charging, but there's a battery icon on the screen anyway --> notification light is useless.
I don't use the clock on the standby screen, my screen is therefore black all the time, also when i receive a text/email. When the clock is activated, you see a little icon telling you that there's a message waiting for you, that you missed a call etc.
It would be great to see the notification light blinking when an event occured (text/mail/call/calendar entry), as it did on my previous phone (5800). That way I don't have to unlock the screen every time to see whether I've missed something.

Any idea if this will be implemented in future releases? Would adding this to the bugtracker page be a good idea? (it's more of a feature request than a bug really)

The Following User Says Thank You to sgentils For This Useful Post:
Posts: 124 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Edmonton Canada
I would love to see the notification light become useful as an alert to a new sms etc.

This is a feature request, not a bug submission, so, I wouldn't add it to the bug tracking site.

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
you can add feature requests to the bug tracking site. Just pick "enhancement" for the severity.

Submitted to the bug tracker as bug 389. N9 users who think this is a useful feature, please vote for it on the site!

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate

The Following User Says Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
There is Aegis limitation for that now ( http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=4554 ) which needs to be resolved.

This feature has been filed as 'wontfix', which I don't understand. The LED is of no use at all: it only blinks when the phone is charging, but there is a charging icon visible on the screen anyway.
They could have just left the LED out and saved some production costs, because the way it is now, it is absolutely useless.
Same goes for the not including calendar entries in the event screen. Luckily chillip developed OrganiserFeed (available on this forum), which makes the device easier to use if you need it for business meetings etc.
Some decisions made by Nokia are hard to understand.

Hopefully this feature will be made possible by a developer. In the mean time, I am going to try MAG's method.

Because before PR 1.1, there was no icon on the standby screen, only the blinking white LED to inform us the phone is charging. Problem was some N9 owners dont have the LED light working.

Ok, that explains it a bit. But still, this is a feature that is definitely missing.

this is another basterdized child of n9 like front camera no usage at all.