Posts: 26 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Close to you
Originally Posted by smegheadz View Post
it's taken me 13 hours and 25 minutes to finally get to the end of this thread.
Looool you almost made my day, I am sure my boss its been asking himself what the heck was about with that orange site that I was almost religiously refreshing every other time while I was trying to focus on my work...
Its been a journey as you said.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to igguk1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Not interested in trickle down theories. Just want something that meets my needs. Basically a N900 with faster processor, more ram, bigger screen and some updated features. And most of all, support of this community. They are what made the n900 great. Not Nokia's support.
ok... but you wont get it... thats it.

i am off now.. try to get some sleep.. see you in 2 hours...

Originally Posted by Krustylicious View Post
I do prefer my e75 for typing, the N8 is just too slow for touch typing. Same thing with the nexus - screen typing is SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW..

The n9 can't change that ....
Well, according to everyone who's used Lankku, we are in for a surprise.

I'm bummed about no hwkb too, but am willing to wait and see what this Next Sense thing is all about. And if it can recognize gestures (or project a kb onto a surface), then I can live without the keyboard. I guess usability (hwkb-lovers main raison d'etre) will be the factor in how this plays out.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zlatokosi For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I officially can't keep up with this thread anymore. It's almost going faster than I can read. Anyway, let's say they announce lankku tomorrow and there is a release of the Dali for developers to start coding on it. 92K devices are way too much to give out or sell only via launchpad. Do you think there will be another channel? The N900 here never came to the carriers shops but some tech shops sold it. Doesn't that seem possible?

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:

Hmmm all this talk and anticipation is making me want to grab this baby, even before I've seen it performing. You know people made (and still make) fun of my n900 for various reasons, but it does the job I like it to do so its fine for me, never regret driving to New York on November 27th, 2009 for the release of it at the Nokia store on 5th Ave (which has closed down now). I'm not a developer, can't write code, try and read what you guys are saying, but half of the time don't have a clue about it, but I like the community and I like the N900. I just hope the n9 is a more polished version,

I really have no care for stupid apps, just update the Adobe flash and Ovi Maps and I'll be happy. WhatsApp would be nice along with Tango just to stay in the loop, other than that don't need anything else. Honestly was really close to moving to Android, some nice phones, after this phone, will decide then if WP7 for Nokia or Android is the best for me, but that's still a couple of years away.

my two cents.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diavoli For This Useful Post:
it's taken me 13 hours and 25 minutes to finally get to the end of this thread. and i have to say it's been a journey. some things i've noticed along the way is the demand for hwkb and how some people are disappointed the consumer device is candybar etc. i like to live by the rule of trying before you knock it. iphone was announced and demoed, i listened, sounded amazing, tried it and realised it was terrible as a phone but great visuals compared to the rest of the market.
then came android, listened, tried and didn't like it. the point is i'm willing to give something a chance and be objective afterwards. some hwkb are terrible and completely unusable just like some touch screens.
you've nothing to lose by trying (maybe your pride) and maybe you'll like it.
and once nokia get back in the business of selling a lot of high end devices and large smart phone market share they can release niche phones, first comes mass market then comes other stuff.

EDIT:
i do think the main focus will be on S40 devices as they are simple to use, work, last long and loads of people use them as d2d work phones. and loads of people i know prefer them to smart phones.
I like what you've said and you seem to get it. Nokia can release devices that we always loved later. Yeah we like keys, hell I prefer keys, but I know they had to make something everyone would love and most people are buying smart phones without keyboards. If they stay stubborn and stick with old ways they will continue to get creamed. This tells me they ready to compete again and I know we will love haptikos.

The Following User Says Thank You to xxMurdakillxx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
yes it can. i don't know if it will but screen typing being slow is nothing to do with being touch screen. when my old pentium 100 win95 was clogged and crashing when i typed there was a delay of a few seconds and that was a hwkb incase you aren't old enough to know we didn't have touchscreen back then.
i will vote for you.
which one ?

Originally Posted by xxMurdakillxx View Post
The Dali is for a limited number of people with certain skills to help push the platform. Not for people that just like phones made by Nokia.
Not very meaningful. What's the concrete criteria of "limited number with skills". Having a Qt dev certificate, writing Linux drivers, or what?

Last edited by shmerl; 2011-06-20 at 23:08.

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Norway
This is a comparison between the N8, iPotato and the N9.

Take note, the comparison is very... ish.. if you get my drift. But a bit accurate as well. Using the 3.5mm as reference, this device looks damn slim and sexy!
Attached Images

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to HaugMedia For This Useful Post:

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland