Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
when "Fit" is checked, videos seem to resize correctly, the problem is they are not centered on the screen (vertically)

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Central Ohio
Bug:
So far as I can tell, OMP is presently assuming that any .m3u playlist opened via dbus call that contains Ogg Vorbis audio-only files in it (extension .ogg) is a video playlist, not a music playlist, and so it refuses to show the Now Playing screen. Music still plays, but you end up with a blank black screen (attempting to display video that isn't there).

Can't seem to find a workaround for this, but it's extremely annoying.

The Following User Says Thank You to Viqsi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Moscow
Unknown windows bug still present(

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Ho Chi Minh, Viet Nam
Hi,

When I open video stream from internet using the OMP, for some stream it does not detect correct aspect ratio, so the picture fill the entire screen while in fact it should not.

Please help to fix this or let me know if this is a known-being-fixed issue.

Thanks

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
when "Fit" is checked, videos seem to resize correctly, the problem is they are not centered on the screen (vertically)
I checked with some AVI file and a movie recorded by the camera application, and they're both aligned correctly, measured with a ruler (gotta watch for optical illusions ). I wonder if it's specific to certain video types -- or perhaps HD codecs (which I currently don't have installed) have something to do with it?

Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Bug:
So far as I can tell, OMP is presently assuming that any .m3u playlist opened via dbus call that contains Ogg Vorbis audio-only files in it (extension .ogg) is a video playlist, not a music playlist, and so it refuses to show the Now Playing screen. Music still plays, but you end up with a blank black screen (attempting to display video that isn't there).

Can't seem to find a workaround for this, but it's extremely annoying.
I can reproduce it, but only with oggs which are outside of Tracker's range. If it happens with files in MyDocs, this could be a problem with the package called ogg-support and reinstalling it might help.

Originally Posted by cantruchd View Post
When I open video stream from internet using the OMP, for some stream it does not detect correct aspect ratio, so the picture fill the entire screen while in fact it should not.
I'm afraid that I don't have any control over how the image is stretched in a specific direction and it probably affects other applications too. Is the stock player or MediaBox free from this problem?

Originally Posted by OMOIKANE View Post
Unknown windows bug still present(
I have never seen it again after the supposed fix. Please try the attached build and report back if it works. If it doesn't, I have no idea what else can be done (other than installing CSSU, it's probably the most significant difference in our setups if you still don't have it on your device).
Attached Files
File Type: gz openmediaplayer.gz (397.6 KB, 83 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
I just love this player. The only thing I'am missing is some kind of button to enable FM transmitter from Car View mode. Or even better, it could be enabled automatically on switching to the Car View mode.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mauron85 For This Useful Post:
BIG FAT WARNING: DO NOT DO THIS (unless you know what it means!)

It just occurred to me, openmediaplayer is not recognised by ohmd, whereas mediaplayer still is. I have edited:

/usr/share/policy/etc/rx51/syspart.conf

Located the line that details mediaplayer and added openmediaplayer below it. It should give it a little boost...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
@vi_: better solution should be to replace nokia player by openmediaplayer (eg. /usr/bin/mediaplayer will be omp)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 79 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Ho Chi Minh, Viet Nam
I'm afraid that I don't have any control over how the image is stretched in a specific direction and it probably affects other applications too. Is the stock player or MediaBox free from this problem?
rvlc does not have this problem, media player and mplayer cannot play it

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Lithuania
I have a suggestion to add into Options menu a button: When u checked that button OMP will be default player so in /usr/share/dbus-1/services/com.nokia.mediaplayer.service file should look Exec=/usr/bin/openmediaplayer, else if it is unmarked MP stock player will be default so the line should be Exec=/usr/bin/mediaplayer like http://wiki.maemo.org/Open_Media_Pla...t_media_player says. What do you think ?

Last edited by Nobless; 2012-10-03 at 16:05.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nobless For This Useful Post:

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse