Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
im sorry if my thread annoying or just rubbish one, so sorry,

thx for ur attention, sorry once more

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
no man, no need to be sorry

your "dream" has been disscussed before.
a lot of people would love to see maemo5 on dual-core devices.

it's a pretty interesting and entertaining topic imo
...but sadly it won't happen

The Following User Says Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
The real problem is that Maemo5 is not 100% opensource. If you can talk Nokia into giving you access to the source... good luck. Lots of people have tried, offered to sign NDA agreements and the like, and nothing. Nokia is content to let Maemo go away, because they really don't want the competition on the WP7 line.

Now if you could talk Samsung into buying Maemo....
nokia kill maemo??, and its not 100% opensource??, hmmmm, wait wait a sec,

http://maemo.org/development/sources/

still one, arrgh i wish i had that power(buy maemo one)

Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ New Zealand
Dude buy an N9, surely you could flog off one of your spare Samsung devices, you must atleast get a discount if not freebies?
I agree that Samsung have superior hardware when you're talking about multimedia devices, for your screens, cpu etc.
But reception wise, Samsung's not much better than Apple, and that say's a lot, ignoring antennae gate of course.
We're talking about smart phones where their primary function is making calls. Samsung has a bit to learn yet on that end.
Obviously you guy's haven't got the experience of say Nokia, Motorolla, Sony Ericcson etc so you'd expect as much.
Doesn't matter so much if you have full reception everywhere but if you go anywhere where the reception is even slightly limited, hold your Samsung up to a Nokia, and you will see the difference.
But good on ya for being open minded enough to give Maemo a go, hopefully you try out Meego too! I still miss my N900 dearly mind you.
Actually one thing that'll help on the N900, overclock that sucker, I used to sit around 1ghz with no issues, can't help the ram obviously but doesn't it say a lot about the superior Coding of OS's by Nokia to do so much with such nerfed HW in the first place?

The Following User Says Thank You to HanzBlix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HanzBlix View Post
Dude buy an N9, surely you could flog off one of your spare Samsung devices, you must atleast get a discount if not freebies?
I agree that Samsung have superior hardware when you're talking about multimedia devices, for your screens, cpu etc.
But reception wise, Samsung's not much better than Apple, and that say's a lot, ignoring antennae gate of course.
We're talking about smart phones where their primary function is making calls. Samsung has a bit to learn yet on that end.
Obviously you guy's haven't got the experience of say Nokia, Motorolla, Sony Ericcson etc so you'd expect as much.
Doesn't matter so much if you have full reception everywhere but if you go anywhere where the reception is even slightly limited, hold your Samsung up to a Nokia, and you will see the difference.
But good on ya for being open minded enough to give Maemo a go, hopefully you try out Meego too! I still miss my N900 dearly mind you.
Actually one thing that'll help on the N900, overclock that sucker, I used to sit around 1ghz with no issues, can't help the ram obviously but doesn't it say a lot about the superior Coding of OS's by Nokia to do so much with such nerfed HW in the first place?
whats the point??, n9?? thats old chipset and HW, maemo5 will run like a storm if go with dualcore and 1ghz of ram, yes i know we still can do much with limited hw in n900, so if we can port it into another HW that better, we can do more and more and more, thats it

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
whats the point??, n9?? thats old chipset and HW, maemo5 will run like a storm if go with dualcore and 1ghz of ram, yes i know we still can do much with limited hw in n900, so if we can port it into another HW that better, we can do more and more and more, thats it
To tell you the truth. I still have never seen a need for a faster processor in my N900/maemo5. The same goes for RAM.

The only activity that might need faster CPU/more RAM is browsing some heavy-loaded web page (e.g. with Firefox), but at least *I* avoid such pages (even on a PC).

Other than that, I don't think I've ever hit the 256MB mark. And I don't need my contact list or xterm or the e-mail client to open in less than 1ms. 1 second is also fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
To tell you the truth. I still have never seen a need for a faster processor in my N900/maemo5. The same goes for RAM.

The only activity that might need faster CPU/more RAM is browsing some heavy-loaded web page (e.g. with Firefox), but at least *I* avoid such pages (even on a PC).

Other than that, I don't think I've ever hit the 256MB mark. And I don't need my contact list or xterm or the e-mail client to open in less than 1ms. 1 second is also fine.
so have u ever imagine how it will be on thats dualcore thing, i know that for sure, i know its enough, but how if we can give it more??

and maemo is died????

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
dreamers!!
sorry to pop your bumble of love and hope but samsung will never make a device remotely close to the n900!!

It can make a rip off version of meamo5 and give it a h/w keyboard but it will be missing the 32g internal storage and IR and stylus and dual led and tv out and fm r/t and dual speakers and kick stand biatches!

be real!
peace

Last edited by bingomion; 2012-01-10 at 09:21. Reason: bbbbbiaaatttcchhess

im a dreamer, thats true, and im not the only one

*i dont have to say whos quote is that

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 116 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Malaysia
it's just a matter of short time and maemo5 will die in N900. Come on guys, can't u see the old hardware? screen? resolution? thickness? multi-touch-not? RAM? and so on. it's just nice for now cuz u can get everything in 1 at a cheap price. but from my point of view, I'd luv to see Maemo5 on this too

Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
here it is, its looking damn cool to run maemo in it,

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i927...glide-4071.php

thats it, its keyboard built in
it's just Brilliant!

The Following User Says Thank You to K9999 For This Useful Post: