Closed Thread
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by rentze View Post
Will you be taking preorders again by any chance, or is it definitely over?
to quote myself ->

Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
(pre-)ordering is closed now! will probably take a while to make the next 60, after that i will count my remaining parts and see if i can make some more
don't hold your breath over it! or make your own

Last edited by dirkvl; 2014-03-21 at 10:33.

The Following User Says Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Had some spare minutes and got the software working and have a white led blinking

Note: a short "howto" in one document where the files have to be placed + that you have to edit the service-file would be good, but of course later when there will be a package it will be no problem.

I have the same problem, that not all keys are working and some only behave a bit strange, but the latter should be software I think.

Not working (only short test with normal keys), seem to be only keys in the middle (like a cross): t-fgh-v

The "?"-Key for example does nothing if you press it (while typing sms) but if holding alt + ? it does somthing, it prints both at the same time: ?)

Alt + d prints: ?#

Keyboad not working for unlocking the phone.

Last edited by meShell; 2014-03-21 at 11:48.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meShell For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 2,744 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by meShell View Post
Note: a short "howto" in one document where the files have to be placed + that you have to edit the service-file would be good, but of course later when there will be a package it will be no problem.
I will add one. - what you needed to edit on service file?

...behave a bit strange, but the latter should be software I think.

The "?"-Key for example does nothing if you press it (while typing sms) but if holding alt + ? it does somthing, it prints both at the same time: ?)

Alt + d prints: ?#
Known issues, but should be fixed in latest binary available in github

Keyboad not working for unlocking the phone.
Known issue.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by oskari View Post
My qwerty toh arrived today as well and was able to get it to work on my device using Kimmoli's driver (and also posted a pull request to map search key to ctrl.)
Pull-request merged, tnx. Also binary updated in repo.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
To see the keyboard log (for example to test if the keys are working) you can now see the output in systemd journal.

journalctl _SYSTEMD_UNIT=tohkbd.service -f

Note that all key presses are logged so take that into account when entering passwords, etc if you also plan to post your device's logfiles to the internet.

my keyboard's P and down-arrow keys started working yesterday evening, but they require quite a bit stronger presses than other keys. T, X and C still report nothing.

My next update to the driver will be (conditionally?) disabling the blinking led, it's just too bright

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to oskari For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Note that all key presses are logged so take that into account when entering passwords, etc if you also plan to post your device's logfiles to the internet.
Logfiles with passwords are uploaded to NSA server by default

my keyboard's P and down-arrow keys started working yesterday evening, but they require quite a bit stronger presses than other keys. T, X and C still report nothing.
domesheet and assembly issue... may start working after 1000 presses -bit of glue in between- if not let me know!!

My next update to the driver will be (conditionally?) disabling the blinking led, it's just too bright
blinking led was for construction and testing purposes

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
I had to add that my "f"-key isn't working, too.
So now it looks like a "cross" of key in the middle that are not working.

I will try to watch the log mentioned by oskari (thanks!) when I have time.

Originally Posted by kimmoli View Post
I will add one. - what you needed to edit on service file?
In the servicefile I modified the path to the binary, as I placed it to

/usr/sbin/tohkbd

So I changed this line:
Code:
ExecStart=/home/nemo/test/tohkbd
and started with:
Code:
devel-su; systemctl start tohkbd.service

Known issues, but should be fixed in latest binary available in github
I downloaded master-branch today and used that one, but I will keep an eye on commits the next days / weeks of course.

It's nice to have some feedback, so there are I think many times when a feedback would be nice to have, like light up (one time or short squence) when keyboard gets active and is ready to get input, or when keyboard closed blink again to show that maybe dameon sent to sleep ... only thinking.

Right now it still is blinking when closed.

Last edited by meShell; 2014-03-21 at 11:54.

The Following User Says Thank You to meShell For This Useful Post:
led is bright (i agree) but it is blinking just for debug reasons...

Ah "?" is not yet fixed (it was 9 and 0)

Updated readme a bit: https://github.com/kimmoli/tohkbd/blob/master/README.md

The most annoying thing is this issue with shift and other combinations. Noticed it also appears when you hit the "edge" with arrow-keys.

It waits update from Jolla or Qt or somewhere (same happens within emulator afaik)

If you see a SW BUG, or VERY GOOD SW improvement, file it directly to my github --> Create new issue

Last edited by kimmoli; 2014-03-21 at 11:37.

The Following User Says Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
Updated readme a bit: https://github.com/kimmoli/tohkbd/blob/master/README.md
Yes, that looks great, every info on the page.

update regarding my keypresses:
f + h are working sometime and only with much pressure, but I still was never able to get a:

"t" or "g" or "v",

pressed it many times, with much pressure, but no keypress is recognized.

Was watching with
Code:
journalctl _SYSTEMD_UNIT=tohkbd.service -f

Last edited by meShell; 2014-03-21 at 16:28.

Almost had a heart attack, msg from mom: package arrived today, in damaged state. (follow up: stamp says so, hoping the envelope is torn or something, they don't test OHs in the PO I hope for workability, or maybe they forgot the drivers from kimmo, or was this special version with a spliff???) will know more in an hour or so... oO

edit: envelope was torn, they put a sticky on it with the stamp, fits nicely so should be fine, pheeeew, will check the keys once I get back home and get the sw running

Works!!! No problems with any of the keys afaict so far. W00000000000000000000t!!!!!!!!

/typed on my absolutely fabulous HWKB OH, Dirk/Kimmo you guys are awesome, I hope Jolla comes up with an interesting offer to you so you can keep on rocking, THANK YOU

Last edited by szopin; 2014-03-21 at 18:31.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
keyboard, limited-edition, otherhalf, qwerty