http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing

ABC announced during Lost tonight that it's offering FREE episodes for viewing online at the link above. . . . not $1.99 like iTunes. But, of course, it require the standard 'current' version. . . .

So one question? Why can't Nokia offer or support the current Flash version? Is it about the price of the License and older versions cost less?

Because from where I'm sitting, Nokia is too technically brilliant for it to be because they can't program it.

Either way, I want to access that Free content on this device. . . I hope Flash 8 is coming. . . . and I want more video codecs for the video player too.

And Irfanview for picture viewing and editing, too, but the author told me he's not interested in porting it so oh well, forget that one. . . . but someone needs to convert a graphic utility LIKE Irfanview for us to be able to rotate, crop, and adjust our downloaded images for use on the device when the device is all we have.

Thanks for your time.

Originally Posted by Ceklund
So one question? Why can't Nokia offer or support the current Flash version? Is it about the price of the License and older versions cost less?

Because from where I'm sitting, Nokia is too technically brilliant for it to be because they can't program it.

Either way, I want to access that Free content on this device. . . I hope Flash 8 is coming. . . . and I want more video codecs for the video player too.
Adobe / Macromedia Flash 8 works only in Windows 98/ME/2000/XP and Mac OS X. I've heard that next Flash ported to other platforms will be Flash 8.5.

I had a wet dream last night. It involved lots of naked women, depraved and lewd acts that are no doubt illegal in some states over in the US - and a Nokia 770 with Opera 9, Flash 8 and Privoxy in it...

Privoxy is doable now, but I have to wonder if/when we'll see the other two. Talk about a massive usability upgrade though, the new Opera 9 for the desktop is incredible.

I always hope that my threads will remain 2 things:

1) Fun
2) Clean

At least the last post was fun.

I would rather it were kept clean, however. Thanks for trying, but let's not get off track here.

Thanks.

Posts: 148 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Stimutax, AZ
Originally Posted by kimmoj
I had a wet dream last night. It involved lots of naked women, depraved and lewd acts that are no doubt illegal in some states over in the US - and a Nokia 770 with Opera 9, Flash 8 and Privoxy in it...

Privoxy is doable now, but I have to wonder if/when we'll see the other two. Talk about a massive usability upgrade though, the new Opera 9 for the desktop is incredible.
Were you spying on my dream!?

You missed the part about integrated vpn access (tinc/vpnc), Web Browser for S60, and a donkey.

gultig

Well, frankly, I don't think my message was very... uh... unclean. In fact, I fail to see how it could be even mildly offensive, unless ones own imagination kicks in and starts imagining whatever one thinks would be lewd and/or depraved, and that's on the reader and his/her dirty mind. :P

I don't see any profanity, descriptions of objectionable acts or in fact anything that would be a red flag to me.

In fact, for all you know, the illegal act was wearing a fake mustache in church making people laugh (which is actually illegal in Alabama, according to lawguru.com ... )

Ah well. I still want Opera 9 and a newer flash. Let's hope they put that in "OS 2006, release 2" or whatever.

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
The fact that there isn't even a Flash 8 player for desktop, 32-bit x86 Linux (let alone any more "odd" variant such as x64, PPC, ARM etc.) means I wouldn't hold my breath.

There are three possibilities for Flash 8:
  1. Macromedia decide, off their own bat, to release an ARM Linux Flash 8 player, or release the source so it can be ported. This seems unlikely.
  2. Nokia (and anyone else with an interest in ARM Linux) pay Macromedia a lot of money to do the above. This doesn't seem in keeping with Nokia's 770 vision, and would probably be exhorbitantly expensive (assuming Macromedia would do it for any price).
  3. Gnash - or similar - matures and supports Flash 8.

None of them likely in the short term :-(

Cheers,

Andrew

I'd settle for an upgrade to version 7 as a first step, but Opera 9 would be a major bonus right there if that came to pass.

which flash version is in os2006-beta.? every flashpage wants to ugrade

Originally Posted by bsterix
which flash version is in os2006-beta.? every flashpage wants to ugrade
Flash 6 is in 2006 Beta

6 ??? My Grandma remembers Flash 6!