Up until this point, i've had no problem with my battery - it's worked fine and kept power for days at a time (not under heavy use) or many many hours (under heavy use), however, now i'm finding that i'll put it away with nothing running overnight, and come back the next day to find that it's completely drained - it will start to power on and then die.

has anyone else had this problem? in the past, with other devices, i've found that leaving it off for a few days to let the battery completely drain has brought the device back to "normal" battery life. i haven't tried this yet, as i've constantly had the need to use the tablet... so, anyone familiar with this? thanks for any help.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Does your WiFi stay on after suspend, perhaps?

Is the N770 warm to the touch?
If it is, the WiFi is usually on.

Posts: 564 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Fayetteville, GA
Oh boy, I thought I was the only one that happend to. I too recently had the 770 drain dry overnight. I think it may have had something to do with the battery power meter being inaccurate though. I will be watching this issue more closely from now on to figure out which it is (battery or battery meter).
3pm - So good, it's illegal

Originally Posted by Karel Jansens
Does your WiFi stay on after suspend, perhaps?

i don't think so - i'm pretty conscientious about turning it off, and it doesn't get warm. I'll check to see if that could be the problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to kheiligh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Before you go to bed turn the device off. (Yep, shutdown). See if it'll boot in the morning. If you're running 2006 power management could be different and could be more taxing on the battery depending on your setup. 2005 used to die in the night unless I put it in offline mode in which case it would last through 2-3 days of use.

Posts: 148 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Stimutax, AZ
I never had the unit die on me overnight. Then again, I always put the cover back over it which ensures that the unit is as close to off without actually being off.