Closed Thread

what a mess
even only reading the last two or three posts here & the last few on the coding competition thread...
i'm (@ least) glad i'm not involved in any way...

have you any idea what impression this makes (in not particular order)
  • on a NOKIA person (how does the Maemo community fare...)
  • on a potential N9 buyer (what is this Harmattan stuff? is it more then MeeGo???)
  • on a community member thinking about joining the council (no comment...)

i know there were many community members shouting for more openness of the council and community direction in general, but that's the kind of dirty laundry you could and should maybe not hang out to dry in public

one impression this thread will definitely make on a Nokia person reading this thread is he/she will know better how to color his font better when representing Nokia or MeeGo in an official press release

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IcyMoustache For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by misterc View Post

what a mess
even only reading the last two or three posts here & the last few on the coding competition thread...
Well, I have not been involved in any way before, and was not the person who gave the advice, but I try to help now.

• on a potential N9 buyer (what is this Harmattan stuff? is it more then MeeGo???)

I think the worse impression would be if the coding competition could not be decided. I would hope a community member thinking about joining council would do that so they can help the community.

i know there were many community members shouting for more openness of the council and community direction in general, but that's the kind of dirty laundry you could and should maybe not hang out to dry in public
The request was fine in this thread. That is what the thread is for. Usually, there is the problem that people ask things of Council in some random thread and think that somehow Council will magically become aware of it. I think the Coding Competition is still a positive thing to do and not dirty laundry to raise their problem in the open.

Let's keep this thread for people to contact Council and get replies, and commentary can go elsewhere.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
Well, I have not been involved in any way before, and was not the person who gave the advice, but I try to help now.

I think the worse impression would be if the coding competition could not be decided. I would hope a community member thinking about joining council would do that so they can help the community.

The request was fine in this thread. That is what the thread is for. Usually, there is the problem that people ask things of Council in some random thread and think that somehow Council will magically become aware of it. I think the Coding Competition is still a positive thing to do and not dirty laundry to raise their problem in the open.

Let's keep this thread for people to contact Council and get replies, and commentary can go elsewhere.
Originally Posted by Ralph Waldo Emerson
Volunteers are willing to do whatever it takes to be a part of the solution...not a part of the problem.
¦-))))))))

Last edited by misterc; 2011-08-30 at 18:03.

The Following User Says Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Saying no comment but actually comenting is a really douchey move.
That Ralph Waldo Emerson quote can be applied to you, just switch the places of solution and problem, or even better switch solution and problem with nothing and nothing.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Daneel For This Useful Post:
I would like to ask the Council what is the status of CSSU?
Since a while there is no activity on Gitorious and IRC logs show that the interest in CSSU is close to 0.
My question is- will we have a one more update? There are a few good things waiting like arceans portrait mode etc.
Further more CSSU was one of the things taht should make maemo survive. Looking at the activity we should dump all hopes on CSSU which leaves us with Cordia and MeeGo only.
To be clear. I don't blame anyone, I don't demand anything. I'm just asking for some information. Good or bad I will take it as it is without complais but I need something. I think that I'm not the only one in here with my thoughts.
Sory for my English.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fw190 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi

what a mess

Is this an abstract piece of art, or do you actually expect people to read this without getting a headache?

Total of 15 emoticons and text in 4 different colours... Maybe try preview and check out the formatting before submitting?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fw190 View Post
Since a while there is no activity on Gitorious and IRC logs show that the interest in CSSU is close to 0.
My question is- will we have a one more update? There are a few good things waiting like arceans portrait mode etc.
Further more CSSU was one of the things taht should make maemo survive. Looking at the activity we should dump all hopes on CSSU which leaves us with Cordia and MeeGo only.
To be clear. I don't blame anyone, I don't demand anything. I'm just asking for some information. Good or bad I will take it as it is without complais but I need something. I think that I'm not the only one in here with my thoughts.
Sory for my English.
+1 and bump, ho ever, I think it should be addressed @ CSSU team.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by fw190 View Post
Sory for my English.
You think council still cares about CSSU? I will be surprised if that is the case. Anyway, estel is right, "CSSU team" (whoever is left of it) should be asked about that.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
+1 and bump, ho ever, I think it should be addressed @ CSSU team.
I would not draw conclusion from inactivity during August. Many people are on holiday. And, yes, you want to ask this of CSSU.

Closed Thread

Tags
council