Originally Posted by x61 View Post
You should have asked for a tracking number. Once you have that, you'd be sure it has been shipped.
I took it as since today is Nov.24th it has already shipped out, more of a general statement than anything specific to my order. Well if he is right that would be awesome but for some reason I highly doubt that it has shipped out.

Originally Posted by livingxl3g3nd View Post
U should always ask for a service request # so they can go back in your file to see whats going on..when you ask for a service request.
Yea, he provided me with a service number also.

Hi guys,

Nice to meet everyone that's having the same gripes as me. I've been following the boards for a few days and I just registered. I have no new information to offer... only that I'm in MD and have not received any shipping info.

I called and complained to Dell as well, and the most I got was a free upgrade to Overnight shipping. The guy I spoke to yesterday (Mitch) said that they're expecting units in today and that mine will ship out on the 7th... I couldn't figure out that disparity.

Anyway, I've put my information into the spreadsheet. I look forward to further Dell/Nokia/all-purpose bashing, especially from Bratag... that's one hilariously angry guy, and he makes reading these threads very enjoyable to me.

P.S.: That lollipop song IS damn annoying.

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Gilbert, AZ, USA
Originally Posted by Mattside View Post
I called and complained to Dell as well, and the most I got was a free upgrade to Overnight shipping.
Arg. You're not the first person who has got them to upgrade you to free overnight shipping. I tried last week to PAY for an upgrade to overnight shipping and could not get anyone who could actually make the change. They kept transferring me around in a loop and eventually hanging up on me.

The Following User Says Thank You to jsharper For This Useful Post:
Yea, it took me a couple of tries too. I guess I got lucky with this rep. After I asked all my other questions, I just asked "So, if I wanted to upgrade my shipping to Overnight, 1: Would I lose my place in line and 2: how much would it cost?" He said hold on because he had to get me to right channel, but he'll check real quick. Then he came back and said it was upgraded. After I asked how much it would cost me, he said free of charge. So I probably won't be bothering them for awhile.

I'll save you guys some clicks on Dell's site:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/115

Alright, I called Dell. Here are some highlights:

*Dell ships out of their own wearhouses. The first rep I spoke with said "oh, it's all Nokia, they will ship to you/handle fulfillment, we only do the sales" so I asked for Nokia's number. After calling them and going around a few times, I finally got a conference call going with Nokia Sales Rep, Dell CSR and Myself, and the first Dell rep I spoke with quickly confirmed that Dell had to get shipments to their wearhouses before they could ship to us.

*The rep confirmed that Dell did what they could to fulfil orders on a first come, first serve basis. I mentioned Olighak's order, but since that the order number he posted was for the 11/5 order, it wasn't illuminating - the rep just said "oh, that might have been just before you".(note: I did end up finding an order number for after 11/5 - I'll leave the user name/forum name anonymous so they don't get bombarded by people begging for such a number - and I called back and left a message with the most helpful Dell rep - 'John'. If I get a response, I'll let everyone here know).

*They are sticking to the line that the 7th of December is the next shipping date, *meh*.

*I had already paid for overnight shipping. I asked if since I had been given conflicting pieces of information that they might waive my shipping fee, and while they responded "well, there's been no delay since it was estimated for the 7th of December, but I can waive shipping as a one time courtesy"

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bocaJ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Tomorrow is high noon between Droid and the N900. Well, high evening, since I have to work.

I made a simple google map using the spreadsheet info, showing orders shipped by state. Obviously this is very limited data to base any strong conclusion on. Additionally, states that have had orders shipped to, also have orders that haven't been shipped. All that aside, I think you can easily see a visual geographic concentration of shipped orders.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...72064034fc2e8d

Last edited by liveslow; 2009-11-25 at 01:05.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to liveslow For This Useful Post:
now I am going into hibernation for the shipping thread until 7th.
there is absolutely nothing we can do to fasten the process.

Tags
back away, extract the 'n' key, from the keyboard