Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by thommy View Post
wow, unbelievable. we've been dealing with absolutely ridiculous pr1.2 threads and finally someone starts something that was actually interesting and it gets removed. why can't a moderator simply moderate an off-topic thread on religion or politics rather than simply ban it? the "rules" are ridiculous and should be changed. this was an enjoyable read and i'm really disappointed with its removal.
Yet another comment for Moderators to consider! and yes i agree the mods on this forum seem to have rules to suit the mood lol.

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Germany
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
there anyone can drive equally as fast as possible.

those are getting radically scarser though
Scarser?

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If I can help with anything else, just ask! Please click 'Thanks!' if this post was helpful.

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ France
Originally Posted by thommy View Post
the "rules" are ridiculous and should be changed. this was an enjoyable read and i'm really disappointed with its removal.
There's a reason that most democracies work through elected officials who then vote on laws and legislature as a whole.

If you have an issue, raise it through the elected Maemo Council. If they don't react, vote for others who say they will.

Also, talk.maemo.org has never been a democracy. You don't get to choose what you like and dislike about the rules and regulations around here. Some time ago, a few religious threads came up, and the noise, and damage they made was truly frightening. Those kind of debates do not fare well on the internet, sadly.

A lot of misinformed statements, obnoxious people and just general lack of consideration for others makes it impossible to have a proper debate. It's so easy to be hardcore behind a keyboard.

This post, proof of that.

The Following User Says Thank You to CrashandDie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by CrashandDie View Post
If you have an issue, raise it through the elected Maemo Council. If they don't react, vote for others who say they will.
Reggie really has final say here. If you have an issue with the rules, take it up with him.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ leicester UK
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Reggie really has final say here. If you have an issue with the rules, take it up with him.
Just checking, is it because I mentioned top down thinking, bottom up thinking, pantheism and this link.

http://dollyknot.com/nonlinear/HELLO.html

?

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ France
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Agreed, but the best way to talk to Reggie is through the Council. Reggie doesn't have time to talk to 25000 users, the council is there for a reason.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
And what is the benefit of this train of thought?

If I were in the council I would think "umm, this request may satisfy the curiosity of a few users, but it has no clear benefit to the community at large. there are more important things to accomplish with our limited resources."
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ leicester UK
Why does this forum need thought police?

This is my opinion, please do not delete it, as it's not political/religious:

* I'm atheist, do not like religious discussion in a tech forum, but may fight to the death to let religious people speaking about their ideas

* deleting a discussion thread is fascist, disallow posting and writing the reason with a big "sorry" may be a better way, the best may be to ask to the author to continue the discussion on a proper forum and post the follow up (this is not a rule, only a way to be gentle with positive mind)

* following rules as a blind donkey is not marker of intelligence, rules is "live" statements, we are lucky if rules of some years ago changed during time, moderators should pay attention to other thinks (for example moderate the PR1.2 thread where you see women ***, or the italian one where there are a lot of offending phrases, and well I'm Italian, you'll guess by may bad english )

* this forum has an off-topic section, remove it to be very democracy

* a lot of people like (and I like to read them) to survey about sociality, we find thread as "what's your car? how old are you?" and so on, in this context It's really bad to ban a small part of the off-topics

* IMHO every discussion that may not hurt general people sensibility, common ethic, and laws should be allowed, we are in the web 2.0, social networking are expanding... why this community may not express that? of course religious/politics discussion may generate easily, but if you apply always the simple "flames not allowed" rule on *all* topics, there is no problem.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
1. No one is policing anyone's thoughts here.

2. I believe everyone has agreed to the terms and condition of the forum when they signed up for an account here.

3. It's a maemo forum for crying out loud. Why bother fighting for the right to do something that has nothing to do with the forum's spirit and has no clear benefit to the community here.

4. There's enough junks generated by the fightin 'platform fanboys'. I hope I don't have to contend with reading junks generated by (anti)religious fanatics too.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!