Posts: 100 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bristol, UK
Hi.

Im getting a new contract and i have an option of to get nexus s or htc incredible s. im so confused which one i should go for. by the looks, i find nexus s really cool and it also has super amoled screen which makes everything look even better. but then htc incredible s has a better camera and has more ram(768mb in total) and a snapdragon 1GHZ processor where as nexus s has ARM Cortex A8 1GHz processor and 512 mb ram. what do you guyz this is better to go for. a quick help will be greatly appreciated!

oh n btw.. i will keep my n900 too :P im never gonna sell or get rid of my n900

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ UK/Scotland
personally I wouldn't buy a phone that doesn't have a hardware keyboard

but out of the 2 I would probably go for the nexus S due to the fact that I would prefer to have the super amoled screen than have a better camera as I hardly take photos. and I doubt that the difference in ram will be a major issue, might not even notice the difference between the two to be honest

Cantonese Pen Power Input is only available in Hong Kong...SUX!

thats true. i like to have a hardware keyboard too but these two are the only good options iv got. what do you think is the difference between the processors? 1GHz Qualcomm 8255 processor vs 1GHz Qualcomm 8255 processor? I can find their benchmarks

i dono why i have a feeling later this year 256mb less ram might effect the phones performance if new updates and OS come out. what you think?

not sure if this thread could help you out
http://www.forums.internettablettalk...ad.php?t=68032

hmm, you do have a point, but I don't think that there will be any major updates to the android operating system that would require a lot of ram, although I could be wrong (I don't really keep up to date with android)

I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping the N950 is as good as the N900

The Following User Says Thank You to Ykho For This Useful Post:
thanks for the help. this is one of the most difficult decision i have to make :P i think nexus s looks better but hardware wise incredible s beats nexus s. im gonna do more research on how the ram makes a difference. why is it so difficult to find benchmarks?

maybe because it's late at night and lack of sleep is making it difficult for you to concentrate on searching for benchmarks XD

Originally Posted by Ykho View Post
maybe because it's late at night and lack of sleep is making it difficult for you to concentrate on searching for benchmarks XD
Assuming the battery is good: I will go with a dual core phone.

Example: M Atrix, LG Optimus2x, etc....

non of them are dual core.
@ ykho .. no im not sleepy :P