Closed Thread
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
Quoting the main article
And your point is? The argument you quote was about us throwing away the information. Nowhere did I say we didn't augment that, or research individuals more (we did, in many instances).

If you have another point, please, speak up.

Edit:
If you're implying that lack of descriptions was cause for elimination, you are quite mistaken. Again, as noted in my previous post, we did research and discuss each entrant, both before hand and at the live meeting. Though frankly, if you send a resume to a job as a blank page with your name and address, would you be surprised if they didn't call you?

Last edited by woody14619; 2012-06-21 at 22:58.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
It's unfair that the only council that actually didn't nominate himself response =\

Edit: i mean unfair to him btw for no misunderstanding

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
And your point is? The argument you quote was about us throwing away the information. Nowhere did I say we didn't augment that, or research individuals more (we did, in many instances).

If you have another point, please, speak up.
A little research on your part would show that at least a little research was in fact done. Take a look at the wiki page for CA Each person had to submit a detailed list of their accomplishments that they felt would be deserving of an award, which was then researched and documented by Council, along with other details and items found. It was a bit more detailed that "what project they're working on" though, IMHO
Just trying to make clear that you said one HAD To submit a detailed list of their accomplishments but the original post marks that as an optional.
Thats all

Last edited by somedude; 2012-06-21 at 22:59.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to somedude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Arie View Post
No, your timeline is wrong. I used my N9 up until a week ago.

I ran for council over a month ago.

I am still part of it no matter what, most of the people I respect and regard are still here.

I still have an N900, where are all these assumptions coming from?

Please, correct your timeline of my life then we can agree on what you're saying.
I am not commenting the timeline of your life at all. And you just confirmed what I said

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
You are sure you want it? Ok, be carefull what you wish.

I am questiong you being a part of this community at all. You said you are done with your N9 the first time there were some really bad news. A month after you want to be a part of the body governing this very same community you said you are done with the only up to date commercial device running maemo. How exactly you are part of us?

my n900 running out of juice, I stop here, sorry
I think I prove my point, I don't see a reason to continue further discussions with you on that matter. Nor that I think it is very helpful in uniting the community.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
Just trying to make clear that you said one HAD To submit a detailed list of their accomplishments but the original post marks that as an optional.
Thats all
A little research on your part would show that at least a little research was in fact done. Take a look at the wiki page for CA Each person had to submit a detailed list of their accomplishments that they felt would be deserving of an award, which was then researched and documented by Council, along with other details and items found. It was a bit more detailed that "what project they're working on" though, IMHO
You are correct that I misspoke. It was requested, not required. But again, as I have highlighted above, that was not the sole input we had. We did not blindly choose based just on what was submitted to the list without doing further research. Especially in cases where the entrant didn't specify details.

Also, as I edited above: If you were to apply for a job that said "past experience references optional", and didn't supply any, do you think that helps or hurts your chances? Why would you not take the time to at least list a few bread crumbs to follow?

Some people are clear exceptions, as their names are so well known that there's no need for a detailed list of things. Ironically, many such individuals actually listed pages of accomplishments in their entry, where some that didn't even have enough Karma to vote gave nothing more than their name, and had to be prompted for more info to get enough to even have a valid entry.

Edit: I did mention we spent many hours on this project, right? A good chunk of it being looking up info to make sure we didn't miss things from people with no descriptions...

I didn't apply for a device because I felt it was a conflict of interest, and because I felt I hadn't done enough to merit it. Given this competition and replies here, I'm starting to change my mind on the latter part.

Last edited by woody14619; 2012-06-21 at 23:23.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
very well, i have no interest on who got device and how even though i nominated my self

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
I am not commenting the timeline of your life at all. And you just confirmed what I said

I think I prove my point, I don't see a reason to continue further discussions with you on that matter. Nor that I think it is very helpful in uniting the community.
My bad, I misread what you wrote, it sounded different the first time I read it. Then we are in agreement.

Just because I use or don't use an N9/N950, doesn't mean that I would pass up my opportunity for the council.

Whether I use the N9 or not I would still work on my responsibility as such.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

You are correct that I misspoke. It was requested, not required. But again, as I have highlighted above, that was not the sole input we had. We did not blindly choose based just on what was submitted to the list without doing further research. Especially in cases where the entrant didn't specify details.

Also, as I edited above: If you were to apply for a job that said "past experience references optional", and didn't supply any, do you think that helps or hurts your chances? Why would you not take the time to at least list a few bread crumbs to follow?

Some people are clear exceptions, as their names are so well known that there's no need for a detailed list of things. Ironically, many such individuals actually listed pages of accomplishments in their entry, where some that didn't even have enough Karma to vote gave nothing more than their name, and had to be prompted for more info to get enough to even have a valid entry.

Edit: I did mention we spent many hours on this project, right? A good chunk of it being looking up info to make sure we didn't miss things from people with no descriptions...

I didn't apply for a device because I felt it was a conflict of interest, and because I felt I hadn't done enough to merit it. Given this competition and replies here, I'm starting to change my mind on the latter part.
In regards to both Pali and Mohammadag, as well as fCrochik, yes I can agree, they didn't have to give anything, they are all very well known. So far we agree on this.

Edit: Freemangordon too.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I just think that it is a matter of the teensiest common sense that most members of a group of people who are about to be dealing with a party in important negotiations should not kick off their careers by accepting a valuable gift from that party.

Last edited by geneven; 2012-06-22 at 00:49.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Even if you were right, that would leave ONLY ME picking. Know what that would have meant? I do. Of those on the list, only 3 devices would have been assigned differently; and you'd still be here whining about it, no doubt.
This is exactly what I've been referring to this whole time. Please reread what I wrote.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Closed Thread

Tags
award, community, council, device, outcry