Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
I'm a noob add me, joshua.j.richards at gmail dot com

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ France
Just began reading your Wave (I don't have much time currently), and it's very well written, good job !

Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
i mean joshua.j.richard at googlewave dot com

Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009
This is great! Thank you! I don't know much about python but it is a scripting language, right? If so, can people develop python apps on the N900 itself, like typing in the actual python code to some editor and save it to the device, completely bypassing the scratchbox-on-pc method? If so, I would be interested in playing with this technology as the other alternatives are just too cumbersome.

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
Originally Posted by OrangeBox View Post
This is great! Thank you! I don't know much about python but it is a scripting language, right? If so, can people develop python apps on the N900 itself, like typing in the actual python code to some editor and save it to the device, completely bypassing the scratchbox-on-pc method? If so, I would be interested in playing with this technology as the other alternatives are just too cumbersome.
That is exactly what you can do with Python.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

The Following User Says Thank You to rm42 For This Useful Post:
Yes, and the code editor in question is called pyGTKeditor, itself written in Python, optimised for Python code (syntax highlight etc.)... and installing it on your N900 also installs Python if it's not already there. Ain't life great ? :-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fpp For This Useful Post:
This is awesome news. How can I get involved in the python craze for the maemo 5? I am really interested.

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
This is awesome news. How can I get involved in the python craze for the maemo 5? I am really interested.
Send me a PM with your Google Wave account or, if you don't have one, with your email account so that we can send you an invite to Google Wave.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

The Following User Says Thank You to rm42 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 36 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
This could be great. Something I was looking for some time!

I tried sending PM both in IE6 and IE8, and it just won't send it. Sorry I don't have (can't have FireFox) on these two machines I have access to. I'll try it from home later.