Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
Could you test if the problem happens with this version:

http://www.kolumbus.fi/~ks2877/profi...eta3_armel.deb

I've put there a check if there is a net connection available, and if not it waits until connection is made before doing availability change.
Ok, I'll report back in a week or so.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jare For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
About the Idle condition... In the beta the time is in seconds. I'm intending to replace it being specified in minutes, as I think seconds is too precise. Usually it's probably highish number better given as minutes.

Let me know if you have any objections, preferably with reasons why you'd need second precision.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Here's a release candidate, unless bugs are found I'll publish on weekend:

http://www.kolumbus.fi/~ks2877/profi...-rc1_armel.deb

For Jare and others who test the availability problem, this includes some fixes to that. The old testing version is fine for seeing if the problem with Availability not connecting anymore is fixed, but it could sometimes change the availability wrong :P.

Hi ajalkane,

since 1.6 I am not able to change the "Default rule". It means when I change an item of the rule, the "Save" button doesn't work for me. Only with "Cancel" it is possible to leave the setup screen.

Do you have similar problems or do you have some suggestions to fix this?

Best Regards

The Following User Says Thank You to JLo For This Useful Post:
Thanks, I managed to reproduce the problem by setting flight mode to off and trying to save.

I'll put out a fixed version soon.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JLo View Post
Hi ajalkane,

since 1.6 I am not able to change the "Default rule". It means when I change an item of the rule, the "Save" button doesn't work for me. Only with "Cancel" it is possible to leave the setup screen.
Fixed version:

http://www.kolumbus.fi/~ks2877/profi...-rc2_armel.deb

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Fixed version:

http://www.kolumbus.fi/~ks2877/profi...-rc2_armel.deb
Thanks a lot, it works now.
I have still one question, why is the Default rule marked as activated in case another rule is active - does it make sense? IMO it should only be marked in case no other rule is activated.

Thanks for all your effort

Originally Posted by JLo View Post
I have still one question, why is the Default rule marked as activated in case another rule is active - does it make sense? IMO it should only be marked in case no other rule is activated.
It is because of the the new multi-rule behaviour. All rules are active whose condition matches. In case of default rule, it always matches, as the name implies. But whatever actions are specified in default rule, are overridden by actions in other matching rules specified before it (this applies to all rules actually).

There's two kinds of concepts at play here that might be the cause of confusion:

1) Active rules is what I'm showing now. This means showing with blue bar the rules whose conditions matches the current conditions.
2) Rules that have one or more actions activated currently. This might be what you expect to see?

I'm open to opinions what's the most intuitive option. But I haven't thought out what kind of complexity the 2nd would mean in the code.

Then there's also one, probably easy to implement, option to not show default rule as active if it has no actions specified.

I removed the blue bar altogether from the default rule and changed the help text to be hopefully more instructive. Perhaps that will help with the confusion.

If not, have to think about it more.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
I removed the blue bar altogether from the default rule and changed the help text to be hopefully more instructive. Perhaps that will help with the confusion.

If not, have to think about it more.
Isn't it easier just to check if any rule is marked and in case not, mark the "Default rule" to blue?