Originally Posted by fast1 View Post
what is this?
An infinite while loop that uses wmctrl to force applications into fullscreen. I would seriously not recommend using that (is wmctrl even available for hildon?), because that should pretty much peg the cpu at 100%...A hack to hildon-desktop would be much better.

Anyone good at reverse engineering stuff? (hildon-desktop is closed source, isn't it?).

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
Originally Posted by BrentDC View Post
An infinite while loop that uses wmctrl to force applications into fullscreen. I would seriously not recommend using that (is wmctrl even available for hildon?), because that should pretty much peg the cpu at 100%...A hack to hildon-desktop would be much better.

Anyone good at reverse engineering stuff? (hildon-desktop is closed source, isn't it?).
Weirdly enough, I understand all that you've said and I cannot develop a lick for this platform.

Question: would modifying hildon-desktop also get rid of the app sidebar on the homescreen, or would there be some specific applicaiton-window-control-mechanism that would control this for all applications? Sort of some kind of "full-screen on launch" bit that would be touched?

Originally Posted by ARJWright View Post
Weirdly enough, I understand all that you've said and I cannot develop a lick for this platform.

Question: would modifying hildon-desktop also get rid of the app sidebar on the homescreen, or would there be some specific applicaiton-window-control-mechanism that would control this for all applications? Sort of some kind of "full-screen on launch" bit that would be touched?
I'm not familiar at all with hildon-desktop and what can be done with it. I think your best bet would be to ask one of the Mer guys (Stskeeps, etc.) because they've already been hacking it. In fact, Mer now completely got rid of the sidebar in its latest release.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
devilspie is an application that could do that on a Linux desktop. I think it shouldn't be too hard to port it over to maemo. It doesn't require much.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
http://repository.maemo.org/pool/dia...ildon-desktop/

But considering that Matchbox is the window manager, you'd wanna hack http://repository.maemo.org/pool/dia...indow-manager/ instead.

I would seriously not recommend using that (is wmctrl even available for hildon?)
Well, I didn't either with the "Way to kill a battery"... But, yes, wmctrl is available on Maemo.

Wow, devilspie is powerful stuff. "echo '(fullscreen)' > ~/.devilspie/fullscreen.ds" and every window was forced into submission! (On a desktop, libwnck is a little tricky to compile for diablo unless you opt for a really old version)

Last edited by qwerty12; 2009-04-16 at 11:31.

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Finland
Pretty simple:

Add Ubuntu repository and install xbindkeys and wmctrl.

Then do like qole said here:

add
Code:
"wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -b toggle,fullscreen"
   F6
to your /home/user/.xbindkeysrc

Then you can add Personal Menu item for xbindkeys or just run it from terminal. After running xbindkeys, either as user or as root, you will be able to fullscreen any app

The Following User Says Thank You to meizirkki For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by meizirkki View Post
Pretty simple:

Add Ubuntu repository and install xbindkeys and wmctrl.

Then do like qole said here:

add
Code:
"wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -b toggle,fullscreen"
   F6
to your /home/user/.xbindkeysrc

Then you can add Personal Menu item for xbindkeys or just run it from terminal. After running xbindkeys, either as user or as root, you will be able to fullscreen any app
Seems about right; but this seems like more of a "make any app full-screened" rather than a "by defualt make all apps full screen."

Unless there's something I'm missing in your instructions and Qole's post???

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ARJWright View Post
Seems about right; but this seems like more of a "make any app full-screened" rather than a "by defualt make all apps full screen."

Unless there's something I'm missing in your instructions and Qole's post???
Whops, yes you are correct. I didn't read the first post good enogh

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ La Rochelle, France
Good Idea : implemented in phonelink 1.4.1

Am I to assume that this would be something that cannot be implemented on a global basis then?

Kinda sucks if that's the case; really would make using some apps a lot easier if they just remembered full-screen or not ya know.