Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
Context man. -this subforum- is new, as are all the users that came in with the N900. You have quite obviously been here longer.
No ****. Seriously dude, just because I'm in one part of the site doesn't mean that you were here longer than I in this newly created part either. Stupidest thing I've seen here - and I've seen Guber99/Tex14 posts.

Of course, it's just gonna evaporate mid-stride.
Until it's out, it's speculation.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
No ****. Seriously dude, just because I'm in one part of the site doesn't mean that you were here longer than I in this newly created part either. Stupidest thing I've seen here - and I've seen Guber99/Tex14 posts.
Let us analyze the line that seems to have you riled up:

Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
I suppose a lot of older users are upset that there are new people in their playground.
The "older users" I was referring to was those such as yourself, having been here since 2007. The "new people" are those such as myself, who arrived with the N900. Not once did I suggest that -you- were new here, nor did I suggest that I had been in this subforum for longer (which is highly, indeed extremely, unlikely.)

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
It takes a simpleton to look at join dates and see who's been around... and I'm not disgruntled at the new N900 owners as much as I dislike the stupid new owners - the ones that think they run the place... or think that nobody has anything vested in a Maemo5 product since they're still running Maemo4 reliably.

Regardless; your vitriol is wasted on me. And now, I feel like I'm wasting my time.

Enjoy your device. There's no sarcasm in that. I'm waiting on the Maemo6/Harmattan/MeeGo dust to shake down and hopefully cooler heads will prevail instead of the rampaging few that seem hellbent on attacking anybody that doesn't fall into lockstep with their warcry of "N900 sucks" or "N900 rules" mentality.

Case in point - your pointless attack on what I said. To reiterate, I stated that all I cared about was something that works, something that has the features that I require; and has a name that I can spell - whatever it is.

The rest... you'll be ok.

@Tex14: That's Symbian and my best guess is that it has a 320x240 screen, no touch.

lol at the tags on the thread

The Following User Says Thank You to Frappacino For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
lol at the tags on the thread
the tag should include "moan of the wankerism ignorant" lol otherwise it's pretty funny haha

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Gentlemen, you have lost the point of this thread. Please go back to it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
at the end of the day. the iphone i know we all hate it ooo iphone closed OS oooo no apple take over.

WEELLLLLL the very first iphone 2g has the same OS as the 3gs, the ipad and the next iphone. i know its still crap but apple is beating the crap out of everyone. iphone r everywhere

bring meego to the n900. even though this is not a big deal as we have QT, IT STILL IS A BIG DEAL. in the regular consumers eyes and sales people at phone shops will say this is an old shitty phone when the next device comes out. even though we know its not. BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD marketing nokia. sham, haven't your learnt from your competition that you dont leave people behind(n900)????

i know after the n900 a few people here wont buy a nokia again just because of the way nokia do business. the iphone 2g is still getting support for now and forever and it came out on June 3, 2007. the n900 will drop all support as soon as meego comes out!!! that is BS. how can nokia keep running a business like this and screwing people. people who will leave and develop apps for the iphone just because its so much easier and has so much support.

i know the n900 can do more. i know its amazing but nokia drop support way to quick before it even matures. I dont care about QT right now. And i know the community can continue the work BUT that is BS

i am a nokia boy but nokia refuse to study the competetion and keep trying new things that ARE NOT WORKING. whats up with OVI??? whats up with all the bugs, BIG ONES we have to file a bug report for. my wedia player widget wasnt working from DAY ONE!!!! i have to restart my phone daily and run terminal commands just to keep the phone from lagging. WHY ISNT WIFI KILLING MY BATTERY AND EXCHANGE 2003 fixed yet??? dont get me started on the hardware/build problems

ps: did u guys see the n97 nokia video when the guy addmitted the n97 had major problems???? what has nokia learnt, NOTHING. nokia you are moving way to slow. I wish i worked for you guys!!!!!

Last edited by felbutss; 2010-02-28 at 14:35.

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
************READ MY ABOVE POST***************
i know the big dif between the iphone OS and maemo/meego. but that does not give nokia the right to keep pumping out phones half done. just because we got an amazing open os doesnt mean we should put up with half finished and tested work on all new nokia devices ive noticed. its like nokia have learnt nothing lol from their mistakes.

i love nokia but someone has to change something, i bet some of you guys have better ideas then nokia.

Personally i dont want MeeGo on my n900.What i do want is MeeGoo apps on my n900,or at least the promised features which i paid for.The n900 is not a bad device at all,thb i love it but it`s a work in progress and thats what it will remain,what you see is what you get(ari himself said this in an interview).There might be some minor bug fixes,but as soon as meego is released on a nokia device,we can say goodbye to the supposed customer support.The open-source community may continue with the development of applications,but those app`s can never be even as nearly as good as the ones nokia can make(gaming-wise)at least.After all the n900 has never been advertised as a work in progress.

Some quotations from the official maemo web:
****High-quality digital camera

Capture vivid images and DVD-quality widescreen video with the integrated 5-megapixel camera. The Carl Zeiss optical lens brings added clarity, while the dual LED flash lets you take great pictures day or night.

* 5-megapixel digital camera
* Carl Zeiss optical lens
* Dual LED flash
* 800 × 480 resolution video recording****

Excuse me...but where exactly is this so called "High-quality camera"?

***Integrated A-GPS

Find your position quickly and accurately with the built-in Assisted-GPS receiver. The Nokia N900 works seamlessly with Ovi Maps to give you the quickest available route as you make your way from A to B.

* Assisted-GPS receiver
* Ovi Maps pre-installed***

Ah...the infamous Ovi maps,i think this is the greatest joke on the maemo website.

***Seamless software updates

Get the latest software and applications with over-the-air Maemo updates. All updates are done automatically and there’s no need to connect any wires.***

More jokes...where exactly are the updates and the applications?

***View high-quality widescreen video

Stream high-quality videos from the web via a fast internet connection, or watch your own widescreen videos on the stunning 800 × 480 display. And store up to 40 hours of high-resolution video* to enjoy whenever you like.***

Ooops there seems to be a mistake in this one "And store up to 40 hours of high-resolution videos to ENJOY"...wait,what...enjoy?Videos are a major lagfest for ***** sake.

So i dont get it...people have started whining over MeeGo or Maemo 6 or whatever.Has anyone ever thought of the promised features the n900 was supposed to have on MAEMO?For the 600 euros i spent i could have bought another pc lol,at least i expect to get the promised features.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cryox92 For This Useful Post:

Tags
just a bunch of