if this is the problem? i tried to fix it but could not.
Attached Images

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
May i add you on Skype , or maybe you add me, im curious,
ibra.kalifa

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by nexthuman89 View Post
if this is the problem? i tried to fix it but could not.
Sorry - I forgot one other thing that I did because it was several days earlier. I removed Skype and downloaded an older version 5.10.0.116 from June.
I am still sure my problems started with a Skype update.

my version on skype (pc) is old 3.6 .....

Same problem, I am online on skype and I can receive messages and see my remaining credit but I don't have any skype contacts. And this is a newly flashed device (courtesy Nokia Care).

Any solutions?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
OT:

rahulthewall, did Nokia care fix it up for you for free?

/OT

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
OT:

rahulthewall, did Nokia care fix it up for you for free?

/OT
Yup, they took a month and a half, but they did fix it for free.

As an alternative solution, I was wondering if it is possible to export skype contacts to a file and then import that file in the N9. Sort of like a manual re-sync.

I would try in the evening if it is actually possible to make a skype call with the N9 (now with the skype error).

And completely off-thread, the last month and a half have been pretty troublesome with the N9 (for me). First the issues at Nokia Care, and now this. I use Skype very heavily, without it, the phone is as good as dead to me.

As of yesterday my N9 no longer logs into Skype. It prompts me to enter my password, which I do, but it says wrong password (the password is 100% certainly correct).

There have been some recent updates to Skype in general, which I believe has forced some people with older clients to upgrade. So is Skype on N9 no longer supported?

That will rather quickly relegate the N9 to 'backup phone' status, and bring back the iPhone as primary.

This is ridiculous. Will I have to buy a new phone just so that I can use Skype? Quite ticked off at this stage.