Like we need another review! Anyway, I wrote a 6 page review for my user's group and posted it here for now:

http://www.markadavis.org/770review.pdf

nice review crxssi but few things pop up from the text.

"7 hours standby."

Nokia specs says 7 days

"(note that the 770 doesn't have a microphone)."

Are you sure about this? Many people in this forum have wrote there is a mic (undocumented hole) in a bottom of the device.

Posts: 832 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Phoenix, AZ
tzeta: Correct on both counts.

The Following User Says Thank You to thoughtfix For This Useful Post:
Well, there is a hole on the bottom, but I have heard nothing about it being a microphone. It would be a wonderful thing if that is what that little hole is!

As for the standby time, you are correct. Not sure where I picked up "7 hours", which does seem unreasonable. I have updated and reposted the review. Thanks for the info.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I believe someone mentioned that they cracked open their 770 and it was the same mic that was found on Nokia cell phones. With VOIP on the way, has anyone noticed that if you hold the device such that your index/middle fingers are on the zoom/fullscreen/power buttons, the screen is against your cheek, and the speaker is by your ear that the mic hold is mysteriously close to your mouth? Hmmmm.