Active Topics

I was wondering if Java and Flash is supported within the browsers. I'm guessing Flash isn't supported yet since Macromedia won't even support PowerPC archictecture under Linux. Is there an ARM Linux port? I also need to know if Java is supported.

I need to know in order to tell my Mom to get one or not. She uses a laptop to play her internet games [www.pogo.com] If she was able to do so on a Nokia 770, this would be perfect for her. Plus, I would love to play with it whenever I get bored of my Palms. She isn't exactly new to handhelds, she used a Palm m500 for a couple years.

the 770 supports java script and flash 6.0. i cruised around the site but couldn't play any games without sign up. you should try it in a comp-usa

Awesome! It should work fine. FYI, sign-up is free and there is no paying. I doubt my CompUSA has a Nokia 770. I'll most likely have it ordered online. Is the learning curve hard? My Mom of course isn't familiar with Leenix.[Linux] She isn't bad with computers though. Also, is there any desktop software? She is a very organised person. Also, I believe her favourite programme is FileMakerPro, anything compatable with this?

Sorry, I'm a Palm OS kind of guy :P

As long as someone can setup the wifi and flash updates for her, she'll be fine. It's no harder than IE to browse. Btw, I saw the site was free for limited time, but it still forced payment option completion to try anything.

I can setup the wifi, I have 802.11g and its WEP. I do shouldn't have 802.11b anymore, will this be an issue?

Umm only a certain games were limited to the pay for club. Many are free. I play every once in a while. My Mom belongs to the club anyway... Big question, are pop-ups allowed? This is a must.

Also, is there any deal better than ordering direct from Nokia?