Hi

After two months experience of using N900, I want to give up this device and change to use android device. The following are the major reasons:

N900 can run many different software but their quality are not as good as default web browser, so it is useless.

- No Flash Player 10.1 Support.

- Video Players (Default, SIB and KMPlayer) not as good as I expected, as it can play many different format of video files but lack of subtitle and audio selection supports.

- For game, most game emulators are running slow, dos box also has the same problem.

- Camera quality is not good as too much noise for night shot.

- No Meego OS support from Nokia.

- Phone function is not good to use.

Last edited by cmsjkung; 2010-06-30 at 15:36.

The Following User Says Thank You to cmsjkung For This Useful Post:
wait for it ...................

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Neegs For This Useful Post:
Dont' let the door hit you on the way out *waves*

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kevinm2k For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by cmsjkung View Post
After two months experience of using N900, I want to give up this device and change to use android device.
Sorry it didn't work out, and I hope you find an Android device that suits you better.

Were you intending this as a "for sale" or "for trade" posting? If so, please clarify your initial post, and I can move this thread to the Buy & Sell forum for you.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I'm picking my spot in the front row...
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
After two months experience of using N900, I want to give up this device and change to use android device.
I would offer you 50€ for your old, used N900. Please send me a PM with your contact data.

Posts: 346 | Thanked: 139 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston Texas
I went to the HTC EVO 4G with the same thought as you. I am thinking about coming back to Maemo. The grass is a lot greener on this side.

Will make a thread soon.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to joshv06 For This Useful Post:
Hi

I can understand where you're coming from. Quite a few people have found themselves in the same position, it's no fun being stuck with a handset you're just not enjoying using. The question is what you do about it. If you can afford to switch handset or can get released from your mobile contract then it's easy - you go get the Android handset you like best. If you can't afford to do so or have too long to run on your contract then you need to make the best of a bad situation and learn to live with your n900

I bought a cheap phone on my holidays, and paid £20 for it. It was meant to be a throw-away device but it's now my main phone and I carry it everywhere along with my n900. I use the n900 for web surfing, checking emails, and occasional bit of programming. Similarly for the camera or other software you might have to find a cheap alternative or just get used to it. It's not all that bad

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
I'm picking my spot in the front row...
Already there, with a large Coke and sum Pick n Mix as well

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neegs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Hi

After two months experience of using N900, I want to give up this device and change to use android device. The following are the major reasons:

N900 can run many different software but their quality are not as good as default web browser, so it is useless.

- No Flash Player 10.1 Support.

- Video Players (Default, SIB and KMPlayer) not as good as I expected, as it can play many different format of video files but lack of subtitle and audio selection supports.

- For game, most game emulators are running slow, dos box also has the same problem.

- Camera quality is not good as too much noise for night shot.

- No Meego OS support from Nokia.

- Phone function is not good to use.

Whatever reason you can find to spend your money is good isn't it..

But maybe you may consider concentrating on your interest for the noise free night photography?
Today I do not recommend any mobile phone for that purpose.

Luckily, as a new world will open: reflex Camera's and lenses are excelent objects of desire and brand vs brand discussions.

The Following User Says Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:

Tags
delete me, infants and, their toys, worstthreadever