Posts: 81 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by MortenS View Post
I could enter pin-codes as much as I wanted - from 1 digit up to 30 digits I think.
Did you try your Nokia account PW?

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by Arpa View Post
Did you try your Nokia account PW?
Its only possible to enter numbers when this lock occurs, so that was never an option... See this thread http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=80821

The Following User Says Thank You to MortenS For This Useful Post:
Hallo everyone!

I posted this thread previoulsy in the wrong section. Sorry for reposting it here.

I have a N9 (PR1.1 20.2011.40-4.480.2_PR_480). I have added an MfE account which works without any problem (but one).

The problem I have is, that a "@localhost" CC is added to every email I send out. Other clients of my Debian MTA have no problem whatsoever. The log file of the MTA indicates that it already recieves the localhost CC. Therefore I believe it is a N9 problem.

Has anyone experienced the same problem, or even better, knows how to fix it?

Thanx and cheers

The Following User Says Thank You to CluelessN9 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
*BUMP* @Sergey

For all posts since the 14th of Dec, beginning page 39...
One of them may have been addressed already on page 40 (#395).

It's been quite a while since we've heard anything, perhaps you're on holidays now??
If you are season well wishes, thanks for your hard work & attentiveness for so many mths.
Enjoy your break, & come back fresh & ready to knock-over all the outstanding posts!

All the best.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-12-22 at 17:54.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Ckris View Post
Hi,
didn't find this discussed in the thread so I am posting my issue:
I have MfE configured with our company Exchange server.
When calendar entry is created on phone, invited contact(s) receive only plain email, not proper Outlook invite.

However, when I modify event previously created on PC on N9, changed invite is sent out properly.

Any advice?
I found workaround, if event created on N9 is updated later in the N9 calendar and saved, update is then sent out correctly as Outlook calendar event/invite.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ckris For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
I found workaround, if event created on N9 is updated later in the N9 calendar and saved, update is then sent out correctly as Outlook calendar event/invite.
Could you elaborate more?
I'm not sure I understood how you made it work.
Thanks.

Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
Could you elaborate more?
I'm not sure I understood how you made it work.
Thanks.
1) Create new event in N9 calendar, add contacts, save
2) All contacts receive plain email
3) Modify event on N9 (i.e. change time), save
4) voila, proper invites are sent

Will check tomorrow if this works without putting contacts into invite at step 1) as step 2) is confusing for recipients.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Ckris; 2011-12-23 at 00:29.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ckris For This Useful Post:
Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Hi all,
I'm back from vacation and ready to work (a little bit ) and help again.

Originally Posted by x220 View Post
Hi Sergey, could you take a look into this issue that I mentioned in another post and provide any help? Thanks.
Hello, at least for sales release it was a design decision to make notifications work like mentioned in your post. So, not a bug Perhaps, will be changed later in updates.

NOTE: one of the problems if we are going to change a current implementation is a case when you are receiving one email per few seconds (in always up-to-date mode, for example). Vibration and sounds looks a bit annoying, just believe me .

Originally Posted by Docent View Post
Hi,

Our Exchange 2010 SP2 organization does not enforce any password for the device via ActiveSync ("Require password" checkbox is cleared in Exchange policy settings).

However Nokia N9 with PR 1.1 software behaves differently. Upon ActiveSync configuration the phone requires user to set up the passcode and there is no way to workaround this. I'm attaching the logs I gathered from the device. I hope they would help investigate this issue.

I'd really appreciate any suggestions on how to get rid of the password

Thank you,
Docent
Thanks for the logs. I've checked them and everything looks fine from our (MfE) side, looks like you got a security bug. They are notified about this issue. Moreover, I've checked our bugzilla and it seems to be fixed in PR1.2.

NOTE: This one seems to be the security issue too.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Sergey,

Some further developments RE this issue are in his thread.
Tis worthwhile reading from here (not too many posts):
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...38#post1138538

godofwar's already identified what looks to be the cause of no HTML formatting for MfE Hotmail accts.
But it'd be nice to get your insights, as there appears to be no HTML formatting in other scenarios too.
After reading can you please highlight what the root causes are, & if there's solutions planned?

Thank-you.
Explanation is quite easy. Hotmail uses Exchange with a protocol version 2.5 and it is not supported downloading of the HTML text (so we are fetching only plain text). There is a workaround to download full message's MIME, but I'm not 100% sure that it will work fine and will not break anything. So, need to test it at first. Thanks for pointing me on a useful user feedback

Hi,
didn't find this discussed in the thread so I am posting my issue:
I have MfE configured with our company Exchange server.
When calendar entry is created on phone, invited contact(s) receive only plain email, not proper Outlook invite.

However, when I modify event previously created on PC on N9, chanaged invite is sent out properly.

Any advice?
And once again. Calendar guys are aware about this issue. Btw, as I can see (on my Gmail) all invites got this part in the email: "Content-Type: text/calendar; charset="utf-8"; method=REQUEST", so... looks fine for me .

P.S. We have a really long the Happy New Year holidays in Russia, so I can disappear on a long period of time again quite soon

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Back already? You need to get away from us for longer
Actually I think you missed some posts, starting from the 14th (Pg 39).

Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post
Thanks for the logs. I've checked them and everything looks fine from our (MfE) side, looks like you got a security bug. They are notified about this issue. Moreover, I've checked our bugzilla and it seems to be fixed in PR1.2.
NOTE: This one seems to be the security issue too.
Is MortenS's reported issue the same as this IYO?

Explanation is quite easy. Hotmail uses Exchange with a protocol version 2.5 and it is not supported downloading of the HTML text (so we are fetching only plain text). There is a workaround to download full message's MIME, but I'm not 100% sure that it will work fine and will not break anything. So, need to test it at first. Thanks for pointing me on a useful user feedback
Thanks for the explanation, & you're most welcome!

And once again. Calendar guys are aware about this issue. Btw, as I can see (on my Gmail) all invites got this part in the email: "Content-Type: text/calendar; charset="utf-8"; method=REQUEST", so... looks fine for me .
It seems there's other teams that really should have threads like this.
Is there any reason why yours does, and theirs doesn't?

P.S. We have a really long the Happy New Year holidays in Russia, so I can disappear on a long period of time again quite soon
Go on get outta here!
Come back rejuvenated/invigorated.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-12-26 at 15:49.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Back already? You need to get away from us for longer
May be later...

Actually I think you missed some posts, starting from the 14th (Pg 39).
Perhaps I missed few posts. I'll take a look one more time tomorrow.

Is MortenS's reported issue the same as this IYO?
I'm 99.999999% sure that this is security team bug (MfE can't set up any security code, we are just calling the appropriate provided security API with policies that come from server, moreover, MfE even is not a GUI application).

It seems there's other teams that really should have threads like this.
Is there any reason why yours does, and theirs doesn't?
Yep, there is at least one good reason for it. We have the best TPO Just joking. Actually, I don't know why other teams don't have threads here (or on meego.com)

Go on get outta here!
Come back rejuvenated/invigorated.
Thanks! Since holidays are going to be a very long (until 9th Jan) I'll definitely check this thread from time to time.

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950