Notices


Reply
Thread Tools
Posts: 686 | Thanked: 1,934 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
#3261
I see you have mixed glibc packages (notice the deb8u4/deb8u6 in your output!).
Where are the deb8u6 packages from? If they are from the official Debian repo then I'd be puzzled that your ED works at all.

Originally Posted by Malakai View Post
Should I install the archive you provided with dpkg -i?
The archive contains Debian packages. Please try to install these packages with dpkg -i !
The easiest way would be to unpack the archive to an empty directory and then run dpkg -i *.deb in that directory. It will install some packages you don't need but that's only some MB. Maybe afterwards you'll have to run apt-get -f install again.
 

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 162 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Mar 2013
#3262
Originally Posted by sulu View Post
I see you have mixed glibc packages (notice the deb8u4/deb8u6 in your output!).
Where are the deb8u6 packages from? If they are from the official Debian repo then I'd be puzzled that your ED works at all.
Yes, they are from the official Debian repo (didn't touch that part yet, wanted to install vim first and then look to change them but only to find a closer repo to my location, knowing that now it is in Netherlands).
I try to always use the official repos and add another repo only if really needed.
After getting in the chroot I did an apt-get update && apt-get upgrade which got me in this state (I always try to get the system up to date before installing additional packages).

Originally Posted by sulu View Post
The archive contains Debian packages. Please try to install these packages with dpkg -i !
The easiest way would be to unpack the archive to an empty directory and then run dpkg -i *.deb in that directory. It will install some packages you don't need but that's only some MB. Maybe afterwards you'll have to run apt-get -f install again.
Ok, will try that as soon as possible.

Thanks.
 
Posts: 686 | Thanked: 1,934 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
#3263
Originally Posted by Malakai View Post
I try to always use the official repos and add another repo only if really needed.
That is a very wise approch - except for when you want to run a recent Debian on a kernel from the stone age.

In Easy Debian Jessie (and only here) please avoid any packages from the Debian repo that are build from the glibc source package! [1]
In principle the same is true for pulseaudio, but installing that from Debian will only result in broken sound in the chroot, not in a completely broken chroot.


[1] https://packages.debian.org/source/jessie/glibc
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 162 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Mar 2013
#3264
So, I did a dpkg -i *.deb and some packages installed without any issue but the result was :

Code:
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libc6-dev:armhf:
 libc6-dev:armhf depends on linux-libc-dev; however:
  Package linux-libc-dev:armhf is not configured yet.

...

dpkg: error processing libc6-dev:armhf (--install):
 dependency problems - leaving unconfigured

...

Errors were encountered while processing:
libc6-dev:armhf
And when I try to do an apt-get install vim I get :

Code:
FATAL: kernel too old
Segmentation fault
FATAL: kernel too old
Segmentation fault
dpkg: error processing libc-bin (--configure):
subprocess new pre-installation script returned error exit status 139
Errors were encountered while processing:
dbus
dbus-x11
libc-bin
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
So I decided to use nano, but when trying to install other packages it works (still giving some errors, but the package installs and is usable), which is related to what you said in your previous post about packages build from the glibc source package.

My first usage of Easy Debian is for web browsing, as some websites don't work at all with Maemo's browser, so I decided to install midori and surf. Those installed without any issue and they are technically working, but frankly it is not the user experience I expect on a mobile device.

All in all, thank you for keeping this alive as much as you can.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to Malakai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 289 | Thanked: 711 times | Joined on Aug 2013
#3265
Originally Posted by sulu View Post
In Easy Debian Jessie (and only here) please avoid any packages from the Debian repo that are build from the glibc source package! [1]

[1] https://packages.debian.org/source/jessie/glibc
Quite a long list...

I already did an
echo "libc6 hold" | dpkg --set-selections
and
echo "libc6-dev hold" | dpkg --set-selections

in my current Easy Debian image but that doesn't seem to be enough then.
What is the best approach to put everything from this list that shouldn't be updated on-hold?
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to t-b For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Jan 2012
#3266
I'm trying to add printer via cups web interface, but no local printers are listed...

lsusb output from maemo:
Bus 001 Device 042: ID 03f0:0604 Hewlett-Packard DeskJet 840c
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002

lsusb from debian chroot:
libudev: udev_has_devtmpfs: name_to_handle_at on /dev: Function not implemented

I could not find any useful info on google and I really don't want to cram up my rootfs with cups (>60MB!)

Ideas?
 
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Jan 2012
#3267
Originally Posted by t-b View Post
Quite a long list...

I already did an
echo "libc6 hold" | dpkg --set-selections
and
echo "libc6-dev hold" | dpkg --set-selections

in my current Easy Debian image but that doesn't seem to be enough then.
What is the best approach to put everything from this list that shouldn't be updated on-hold?
Not sure if 100% correct, but holding these packages worked for me:

glibc-doc
glibc-source
libc-bin
libc-dev-bin
libc6
libc6-dbg
libc6-dev
libc6-pic
libpulse0
linux-libc-dev
locales-all
pulseaudio
xkb-data
 
Posts: 555 | Thanked: 916 times | Joined on Dec 2012
#3268
Anybody have patched glibc for latest Ubuntu? I would like to try kwin with xwayland on sailfish but ancient kernel stops me.
__________________
My Thumb repo
 

The Following User Says Thank You to elros34 For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
beta, debian, easy debian, extras-devel, fremantle, i <3 qole, squeeze

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 17:21.