I'm sure a lot of you who are also members of maemo.org have received voting instructions already from Dave Neary. Just to remind everyone, voting for the maemo.org Community Council will only run from September 2 to 10.

The candidates are as follows:
Ryan Abel (GeneralAntilles)
Jamie Bennett (Baloo)
Andrew Flegg (Jaffa)
Eduardo Lima (Etrunko)
Ryan Pavlik (megabyte405)
Simon Pickering (lardman)
Tim Samoff (timsamoff)

To vote, you need to go to http://maemo.org/vote and provide the vote token number you have received in the email. You can only vote for one candidate so vote wisely. The whole voting process will only take less than a minute, so there is no excuse for you not to vote.

The council will serve to help distill and focus issues and ideas (from the maemo.org mailing lists, IRC, itT, Bugzilla, etc), bring them to Nokia's attention, and seek to understand Nokia's position on these issues and help to explain it to the rest of the community. The council will also serve to facilitate a dialog between Nokia and the community on these issues, holding monthly IRC meetings with Nokia representatives to discuss progress on existing issues and raise new issues.
Read the full article.

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
The list of candidate positions, and more background information is here on the maemo.org wiki:

http://wiki.maemo.org/Task:Community...e_declarations

Also, it's worth reiterating this is not a Maemo governing council. The council are not setting the direction of Maemo as a software product. Instead, this is a "maemo.org Community Council" - to help Nokia deal with the wide and disparate community and vice-versa.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
I want to vote (I believe in democracy) but I received only the pre-vote email, not the one with the number code. I searched also through spam emails, but without finding that. Any hint?

Go, Eduardo, go!

Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
I want to vote (I believe in democracy) but I received only the pre-vote email, not the one with the number code. I searched also through spam emails, but without finding that. Any hint?
Call me a noob, but I really don't understand what is required to become eligible to vote. Did I miss some kind of sign-up process to vote? (I don't have anything in my email.)

The Following User Says Thank You to hordeman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by hordeman View Post
Call me a noob, but I really don't understand what is required to become eligible to vote. Did I miss some kind of sign-up process to vote? (I don't have anything in my email.)
You must have a maemo.org account at least 3 months old.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Task:Community_Council#Elections

I am still unable to vote. Well, it's not so important, indeed, but a little disturbing. There are still 4 days remaining but I'd prefer to get my ticket in time. Otherwise, I'll refer a complaint to UNO and the International Court of Human Rights.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
I am still unable to vote. Well, it's not so important, indeed, but a little disturbing. There are still 4 days remaining but I'd prefer to get my ticket in time. Otherwise, I'll refer a complaint to UNO and the International Court of Human Rights.
Did you read the post above yours?

Yes, mon general, I'm quite used to read threads before asking, and my account is much older, even if my karma is not quite high due to those many disturbances - like job and children and wife - which don't allow me to spend as much time as I wish on tablets.

Meanwhile, Tim Samoff adviced me to ask Dave Neary, who was so kind and informative to look through this issue (even if on weekend) and said he'll going to send me my token again on Monday. So, thanks for your help.

I am happy to be able to vote, but the fact that I have a maemo.org account is merely because I voted on a bug some time ago. I wonder how many people contribute to ITT with helping people and testing beta software who don't have a Maemo.org account. To me those are part of the community as well.

I suspect that the lack of interest and publicity around this council voting is because of the vagueness of what its powers and function are, and maybe about what the Maemo community atcually is: is it the developers? hardcore tinkerers? betatesters? Or people who like using their tablet and are passionate about them on the web?