Active Topics

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Finland
I only get "Unable to open. Address type not supported." When I click my link on the Maemo browser.

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 664 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by lassileevi View Post
I only get "Unable to open. Address type not supported." When I click my link on the Maemo browser.
Well, that´s not really more info... Could you post the code and the .desktop file? Maybe also information about where the .desktop file is located and how the link looks which you´re trying to open?!

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
What about filing a bug against the official documentation pointing to the recipe posted here? And/or moving this interesting content to wiki.maemo.org

It looks like you are filling a missing gap. Thank you!

Originally Posted by qgil View Post
What about filing a bug against the official documentation pointing to the recipe posted here? And/or moving this interesting content to wiki.maemo.org

It looks like you are filling a missing gap. Thank you!
Sure, both would be fine for me, but Daniel announced earlier in this thread that they are already working on a wiki page about that. So no need to duplicated the work it think

The Following User Says Thank You to conny For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by conny View Post
Well, that´s not really more info... Could you post the code and the .desktop file? Maybe also information about where the .desktop file is located and how the link looks which you´re trying to open?!
I am not currently allowed to disclose any code whatsoever, but gladly I made some progress. I changed the Name=some_name parameter to match my osso_initialize(some_name, ...) call with my initialization name. This should be pointed out in your small 'tutorial' as well

With this change I am able to send D-Bus call to my application from Xterm command line using dbus-send -command, and the application starts up. However, the Maemo browser still does not recognize my URI type so that it would launch the application via d-bus...

Edit: OK, I also put in correct value to the TranslationDomain=
(same value as in Name= in my case), and I got things working!

Last edited by lassileevi; 2009-08-25 at 13:57.

I am not currently allowed to disclose any code whatsoever, but gladly I made some progress. I changed the Name=some_name parameter to match my osso_initialize(some_name, ...) call with my initialization name. This should be pointed out in your small 'tutorial' as well
If I remember correctly, I actually use 'present_window' as a name there, this has nothing to do with what I use for osso_initialize(). I´ll double check once I´m home and I´ll report my finding here...

With this change I am able to send D-Bus call to my application from Xterm command line using dbus-send -command, and the application starts up. However, the Maemo browser still does not recognize my URI type so that it would launch the application via d-bus...
Sending DBus messages to your application should be possible even without any of the changes mentioned in this thread.

Sorry, but without getting more information I don´t see how I can help you. Of course if you have a concrete question, please let me know. Good luck

Edit: OK, I also put in correct value to the TranslationDomain=
(same value as in Name= in my case), and I got things working!
Great, thanks for the info As I said, I will also recheck the values in my code later and append the information to the initial post.

If I remember correctly, I actually use 'present_window' as a name there, this has nothing to do with what I use for osso_initialize(). I´ll double check once I´m home and I´ll report my finding here...

Sending DBus messages to your application should be possible even without any of the changes mentioned in this thread.

Sorry, but without getting more information I don´t see how I can help you. Of course if you have a concrete question, please let me know. Good luck
Seems to be that every parameter on the .desktop file matters, not the ones that you bolded This information could be available somewhere, otherwise we end up being an occultist community, instead of open

I just played around with different values and the result is this:
In your [X-Osso-URI-Action Handler xxx] group you need to have all three keys 'Method', 'Name' and 'TranslationDomain' set to some value. If you omit just one of them it does not work anymore. However, the values you enter don't have any direct effect on whether or not the callback is called.

Of course that's just on my tablet, with the code I'm using but I tried about 20 different combinations and all of them worked I'll add a sentence to the original post the emphasize that all three key/values are needed.

Sure, both would be fine for me, but Daniel announced earlier in this thread that they are already working on a wiki page about that. So no need to duplicated the work it think
hi,

as promised, I tried to collect all the valuable information. You will find it in the wiki.

cheers daniel

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to danielwilms For This Useful Post: