Posts: 79 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Like the title says.. Is this possible to do via wifi?

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
why you need this?i guess to look your videos on tv.but why you dont use the AV cabel???

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Doesn't that works via DLNA? I guess he wants digital HD quality and not the analog quality from the 80's :P

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
jes ok you right the cabel is a little bit crappybut he can send his files to ps3 too with usb 2.0 its really fast.i would be more interested in streaming files from ps3 too n900 because i have on my ps3 many videos....

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

I use Media Tomb via Easy Debian for streaming music from my phone to my other devices. It may be able to stream videos.

Rygel http://live.gnome.org/Rygel/N900 should work fine for this purpose.

The Following User Says Thank You to zgold550 For This Useful Post:
yeah you can i used rygel media server to watch videos on my ps3 streamed from N900.

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London, UK
The videos the n900 takes don't work on the ps3, all previous nokia mp4s worked. Anyone know an ffmpeg recipe to fix it as losslessly as possible? As for streaming, I've used medatomb compiled for n900 this works fine over dlna streaming. I've not packaged it or looked at making it available for extras but I'll happily supply somebody the binary.

Originally Posted by damion View Post
The videos the n900 takes don't work on the ps3, all previous nokia mp4s worked. Anyone know an ffmpeg recipe to fix it as losslessly as possible? As for streaming, I've used medatomb compiled for n900 this works fine over dlna streaming. I've not packaged it or looked at making it available for extras but I'll happily supply somebody the binary.
use .divx works on both n900 and ps3

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
I'm going to try out rygel when i get home from work.
Thanks for the tip.
Now that i've installed rygel and ran it from xterm, shuld i be able to find it as a mediaserver in the PS3 menu, or do i have to do someting more to get it working?

@atilla:
I have been using the A/V cabel untill now but as Crogge points out, the A/V cabel is a bit out of date.
And there is the thing with the length of the cabel. I don't want to lift my a*ss out of the sofa everytime i have to change what i'm watching.
But i would also like to be able to stream files from PS3 to my N900.