Notices

How exactly do I add contacts to groups? When I press the "0" in the groups secion, a new window pops up. with two big boxes, a red one on the left and the green one on the right, but I see no was or options to add contacts. can you please help?

Thanks

Dion

hello, I tried two times today and whenever I changed the battery then all my contacts in mycontacts widget in my desktop got lost , so I had to put my contacts again from the beginning. Is this some mistake I am making or the software is not yet ready enough to work as widget...

thank you in advance

Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
Please provide me with as much detail as possible and I will investigate.

Do you mean adding a contact to a group or adding to the "contacts" database while the application is running? Can you give me more details?
adding contacts to a group. It happens most of the time, but not always.

You can but right now you first need to assign one of the "standard" thumbnails to the contact using the "official" contacts application. As now the application will not save anything to your contacts database - only read.

isn't it possibgle to just show a standard icon, just like the official contacts application does, so without assigning a thumbnail to 500+ contacts?

NVM,

I figured it out, so contacts have to have thumbnails to work.

Thanks for the great app btw.

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by mtjioe View Post
adding contacts to a group. It happens most of the time, but not always.

You can but right now you first need to assign one of the "standard" thumbnails to the contact using the "official" contacts application. As now the application will not save anything to your contacts database - only read.

isn't it possibgle to just show a standard icon, just like the official contacts application does, so without assigning a thumbnail to 500+ contacts?
Not sure I understand what you are trying to accomplish. Are you concerned about using the applet to call contacts quickly or set ring tones by group. If the latter I see the issue. I plan to allow in the future to create groups that are not connected to the applet and then it will make sense to allow adding contacts w/o thumbnail.

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

Originally Posted by benipres View Post
hello, I tried two times today and whenever I changed the battery then all my contacts in mycontacts widget in my desktop got lost , so I had to put my contacts again from the beginning. Is this some mistake I am making or the software is not yet ready enough to work as widget...

thank you in advance
As long as you exit the application nicely you should not loose any data. The data is only saved when the application exits normally... I may have to consider saving every time you change the groups and or settings to be on the safe side...

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Brasil
libqtm-contacts error

after open in x-term and type "sudo gainroot"
for Install libqtm-contacts -> "apt-get install libqtm-contacts"

display this:

"Package libqtm-contacts is not avaliable, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is only avaliable from another source"

and now?

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel.
Originally Posted by maya View Post
libqtm-contacts error

after open in x-term and type "sudo gainroot"
for Install libqtm-contacts -> "apt-get install libqtm-contacts"

display this:

"Package libqtm-contacts is not avaliable, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is only avaliable from another source"

and now?
Did you run "apt-get update" before that?
| DonateMe - If you feel I helped you in a very good way, feel free to donate |

Posts: 98 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Netherlands
pity the app doesn't show after a reboot or after running the app after a reboot (i.e. on my unit)

Originally Posted by 7thd View Post
pity the app doesn't show after a reboot or after running the app after a reboot (i.e. on my unit)
You just need to run the application and select "install applet" on the menu. It will add the applet to the current desktop and will load the previous settings.

Because this application is still experimental I wanted to make sure that the user would have full control on when it is running or not. If you close the application and the applet you remove it completely from the memory.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900: